Bellator battle with its fighters

I have had a little respect for Bellator being a smaller promotion and putting on quality fights for awhile now. But the way they handle there contracts with fighters is just bullshit.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/6/3295953/bellator-lawsuit-legal-action-tyson-nam-eduardo-dantas-mma-news#storyjump

Again, a fighter who was released from there contract being held back by Bellator. I understand this is a business and you have to protect your assets but give the guys a break. When you release a fighter, he has to make a living still and fight to put food on his family's table. Tyson Nam knocked out Eduardo Dantas there bantamweight champ in Brazil a few weeks ago. Instead of cashing while his name is out there, he cant because Bellator is using its matching clause. Even though the dude never even stepped foot in a Bellator cage, which is straight bullshit. This isn't the first time Bellator has pulled this shit, just go talk to Jonathan Brookins. I dont no if bjorn rebney reads the UG but if you do. IF YOU CUT A FIGHTER, LET HIM MAKE A FUCKING LIVING

It's about time mma fans finally saw the real bjorn rebney. Boxing fans are well aware of bjorn. Phone Post

Hikikomori - It's about time mma fans finally saw the real bjorn rebney. Boxing fans are well aware of bjorn. Phone Post

Tell me more... Phone Post

Bellator never even gave him a fight, released him and is now holding him hostage?  sound familiar?  They did the same to other guys.

I don't know this side of the business. Doesn't sound to pleasant.

Wtf is wrong with bellator Phone Post

That is pretty rough. There is protecting business interests then there is just being evil. :/

Hikikomori - 

It's about time mma fans finally saw the real bjorn rebney. Boxing fans are well aware of bjorn. Phone Post

It's always difficult to get out of contracts and freed up to pursue your sport. Whether its baseball or MMA, Football or Soccer.

Authority Figure -
Hikikomori -  It's about time mma fans finally saw the real bjorn rebney. Boxing fans are well aware of bjorn. Phone Post

It's always difficult to get out of contracts and freed up to pursue your sport. Whether its baseball or MMA, Football or Soccer.

No it's not !!!! Wtf are you talking about ???? If you're released in the NFL , NBA , MLS, NHL you are able to sign anywhere you want !!!!! Phone Post

Hikikomori - It's about time mma fans finally saw the real bjorn rebney. Boxing fans are well aware of bjorn. Phone Post

What does he have to do with boxing? (I legit know nothing of the guy, just want to know.) Phone Post

Authority Figure - 
Hikikomori - 

There is no comparison, here if Tyson Nam never fought and KO'd there champ he would be fighting where ever he wanted to right now. Bellator is just pussy hurt because he made there champ look like a chump. This guy signed a contract to step in as a late replacement, than they decided to pull him from the fight. He paid out of his own pocket almost $1000 for cat scan blood work and such to get cleared to fight, than didnt end up fighting. Afterwords they tell him they will put him in the upcoming bantamweight tourney, and go back on there word again and dont. Afterwords they release him to go do as he pleases. Which he does and throw's it in there face by KO'ing there champ in brazil. Now when he can finally make some money off his name for all the hard work he put in, Bellator is not allowing him to fight. And his matching clause goes into 2013. They try to say they are the company that is for the fighters, yet every time a fighter gets some accomplishment they throw them to the gutter like butt hurt little bitches

THERE is a difference between 'THEIR' and 'THERE' motherfckr. Jesus Christ. Phone Post

MachidasBrew 209TT - 

THERE is a difference between 'THEIR' and 'THERE' motherfckr. Jesus Christ. Phone Post

Oh Im sorry I thought this was a online forum where grammar can go fuck its self? I didnt realize I was back in high school....o and by the way go fuck yourself. Go bitch to your mother about my spelling and ill keep doin what i do.

MachidasBrew 209TT - 

yep, and there's a "U" and an "E" in motherfckr last time I checked, grammar nazi.

This is a business, they have every right to match his offer.

ttt

allyourbasebase - 

Don't sign a contract with a matching clause. It seems simple enough. Pro athletes need to educate themselves in all sports. They always want to act like a victim. They are only victims of their ignorance. It's kind of sad really. Phone Post

I would understand what you mean if Bellator actually gave this kid a fight, but the fact of the matter is they signed him to strictly cut him. He never stepped foot in the cage. Lets be real if you were in his spot, your a fighter on the local scene and Bellator signs you for there bantamweight tourney...not a chance in hell you would turn it down, but they didnt even let the kid compete. He literally paid money to be cut from a org considering they signed him told him he had to go to the doc to get cleared. Never gets a fight than cut.

Hikikomori - 

Truth. Those who don't know, will find out soon enough. I only know a little, but what I do know is this: He was run out of boxing for being one of the more arrogant, disorganized, mistrustful, scheming, whining, shady promoters in boxing. Worse than Garry Shaw, Worse than Don King.

People love to give DFW Jr Hell, but if they knew the real Bjorn, one would only hope that he would receive his fair share of mistrust and ire from the fans. He seems to have fooled a lot of people in the MMA world, fans and media alike.

For all the bad shit Dana has been blamed for, fairly or unfairly, at least you still hear about some pretty positive things he's done for people. I stopped counting a while back because he's contributed to so much for the sport, the fans, the fighters as well. He's not perfect but then again, who the fuck is?

I know this much, Bjorn sure as fuck isn't. Despite what some people would have you believe, he's no saint. I can't trust a man to be a figurehead or a leader for this great sport who has contributed next to nothing to MMA. His "tournaments" are really tournaments in the least.

Nice pulling the wool over certain "WWE/Brock Lesnar" fans, there Bjorn. Too bad that won't last. You make the move to spikeTV and you are now officially in the spotlight. That means scrutiny and all that comes with it.

Drewout - This is a business, they have every right to match his offer.

they never even gave him a fight...  they never promoted the guy... how the heck is it right to have a matching clause on the guy?

Bellator could go around signing guys left and right and keep them on the shelf and then "release" them...  and if they become names on there own then bellator can excercise it's matching rights.

they pulled the same crap on Jonathan Brookins.   

People are missing the point here. It's not that Tyson fucked up and shouldn't complain because he signed the contract knowing full well that they had "right to match" clause.

It's the fact that twice the pulled the rug out from under him, once just a few days or a couple of weeks from his big shot at the tournament. The biggest issue is they don't plan on using him. Bellator are using that "right to match" clause to scare away any potential competition and to also sit on him for a year or so. He did just beat their Bantamweight Champ. They would basically match any offer, then put him on the sidelines for up to a year so that by the time he did fight, the win over their champ would be a distant memory. Shady shit right there.