Bellator Benson 285 Friday

romero somehow remembered how to wrestle :smiley:

3 Likes

thank god he didnā€™t catch the keylock. fuck me that would have been an anticlimax

2 Likes

Not looking good for Melvinā€¦ Yoel didnā€™t even need the takedown to get him down and kicked him off his feet. Then his Base when he uses it is solid as a boulder

2 Likes

Yoels 46 is different than all the other 45+ yr plus old fightersā€¦

Especially a guy like Manhoef who has been Kickboxing and has been on both ends of KOā€™s for decades whereas Yoel has only been finished once and spent the majority time grappling without strikes.

1 Like

This is about as exciting as Nganou-Lewis was

haha

Melvin appears mind-fucked compared to his confident former self

Yeah both are pretty gun-shy here and aware of the others power making for a slow fight. But Melvin more so

1 Like

that rushing in could end like with mark hunt xd

Dammitā€¦ a finish but fucking sad to seeā€¦ I didnā€™t want him to go out like thatā€¦ the bell was so closeā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

it felt like he can end it any time with those elbows

1 Like

YOEL barking like a junkyard dog

Lmfao

6 Likes

Thanks for the Decades of KOā€™s Melvin

A career that goes back to 1995 and a debut in between UFC 7 and UFC 8

Plus a simultaneous Kickboxing Career. Legendary power but not the chin to go with it. Hope he enjoys a long retirement

7 Likes

oh lordy. that was rough. completely unconscious after the first elbow and the second was much harder.

wtf was the barking about. what is going on with his test levels? (read: they are almost certainly elevated lol)

1 Like

One day Yoel will have a full gray beard and he will still be one of the most intimidating people on the planet

7 Likes

To be fair stylistically its not a great matchup. Olympic wrestler with crazy power standing across from him. Amazing career though.

1 Like

wow, i dont usually care when people retire or see it as a big deal. very glad hes stopping but sad to see the end of a wild fucking ride.

3 Likes

how the fuk it wasnā€™t a main event

4 Likes

1 Like

why has this interview chick got her tits hanging out? dont bring on token chicks with their tits out.

female fighters: yes
titty-reliant interviewers: no

1 Like

I hated this fucking song in the 90s lol but have come to appreciate it especially when someone walks out to it in Ireland and the crowd sings along

1 Like