Bellator. Fedor + former fighters had a vibe from "The Wrestler " How much were the bloated former fighters paid to attend?

The event seemed to lack buzz or a proper production.

The words were there, maybe the sentiment was there but Fedor’s final fight felt like nothing special and nothing that we had not seen before.

Honestly a great fighter does not get an ass whooping like that even at 46.

You just needed to be there. Not the vibe when in attendance

4 Likes

I think i disagree with your entire post, but this part especially. If you think past their prime great fighters don’t get ass whoopings i have to question your knowledge of combat sports history, specifically boxing and mma.

Also, i think the constraints of network television prevented an even better send off for fedor, but it was still pretty good.

Troll thread?

10 Likes

Ah I was thinking the same thing but then when I saw fedors interaction with them and how genuine they all really wanted to shake his hand and the pat on chucks belly was the greatest, no one else would got such a reception…no one. That’s ends the discussion imo.

5 Likes

Not at my home either…got dusty just a bit, a little anyway but yeah that was a excellent send off…even the crowd was into it. Made me feel proud for him.

6 Likes

Anxiety before the fight, then a little emotional watching him walk out once last time

5 Likes

I can see this point and I really tried to like it and enjoy it.

I did think Coleman was all class and genuine. Watching him seemed sincere and he seemed happy for and appreciative of Fedor.

2 Likes

Yeah him and the reaction he got from Chuck was perfect. I thought it damn sure beat getting told to fuck off to somewhere else or you aren’t wanted as some other leagues treat fighters. The UFC releases fighters when they are no longer worth a fuck, it’s only about them not the fighter.

4 Likes

I’m expecting Dana to whine about Hughes, Chuck, and Gracie being there.

4 Likes

For sure he will. He will pout up and pull any ufc support, maybe not from Chuck but he will not be pleased.

1 Like

Also, good lord most of them looked terrible. Age catches up to everyone. From that perspective
Fedor was one of the better looking of the bunch. Gracie was probably the least broken down of them. Maybe Shamrock, I didn’t get a good look at him.

2 Likes

Remember the ol idea about judging a fight that comes from boxing is that if you ask 2 five year olds who one they always point to the winner but somehow professional judges seem to screw it up.

Fans especially emotionally invested fans do the same.

I think part of my opinion is I have told friends (casual fans) how great Fedor is and to watch his fight, and it seems like for about 15 years I have had to make excuses for him. The Brett Rogers fight comes to mind.

At best we can say an attribute based fighter who when younger and allowed to use PED was able to out attribute (so to speak) but skill and technique not enough on his part.

Yea there are several people in the photo I could not recognize.

But as a group looking pretty rough and not healthy.

2 guys in glasses I am not sure who they are and both seem to be showing signs of neurological problems based on facial movements. Is that Chael and Frank ?

How does a 2007 account post this? You’ve got at least 15 years of following the sport and you think this?

7 Likes

Yes. Chael and Frank. I didn’t recognize Frank until the announcers mentioned him.

1 Like

I’ve read this three times and have no idea what point you are making. Emotionally invested Fedor fans think he won last night?

You feel silly for telling your friends to watch an over the hill, 46 year old legend fight a champion in the organization in which he competes and get dominated?

Fedor was on PEDs and that, not skill and technique, got him to the top?

You’re all over the place.

3 Likes
1 Like

Probably involved in related sports for as long or longer than Fedor, yes fair point.

Why can he not defend himself from guard ? Or not even on his feet ?

Peace Out Reaction GIF by Jimmy Conrad

Troll thread or OP is legitimately retarded

6 Likes