Bellator Hangover? Thoughts?

After what was Bellator's biggest event, does anyone feel like they have dropped the ball with this weeks event?

No disrespect to the fighters, but after all of the pomp and circumstance of last weeks event, this one seems to fall flat for me.

That being said, I hope LC gets the breakthrough win.

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

theres an event this week? 

Joe Warren vs LC Davis Phone Post 3.0

Yes.

Headline:
Joe Warren v LC Davis

Co-Headline:
Kendall Grove v Joey Beltran Phone Post 3.0

They can't all be home runs. People need to accept that MMA is more spread out now and not expect every show is jam packed anymore. Making a mega show means taking good fights the could have been on other cards.

time traveling 12er - They can't all be home runs. People need to accept that MMA is more spread out now and not expect every show is jam packed anymore. Making a mega show means taking good fights the could have been on other cards.
Agreed, they can't all be home runs. The event may turn out to be a great night of fights, and I will certainly be tuned in.

With that said, I would at least expect a pinch-hit double from Coker, at least with respect to promoting the event and the brand for this event.

I expect viewership to be around 300k based on lineup and promotion for this event. Phone Post 3.0

I dont know if that's a fair comparrison.  Even though the big event last week was free on Spike (awesome!) -- it was basically a PPV caliber event, for Bellator.    To me that is much like the UFC having a big PPV event one week, followed by an FS1 show the next week, with a lot of prospects on the card.  They cant all be huge events.

I'm looking forward to Warren vs LC Davis.  Remember when LC fought Bao Quach on the Affliction show?  He's an exciting fighter with a good wrestling background.  We know Joe Warren has been in some wars and been a participant in a number of exciting fights. 

Kendal vs Beltran will most likely end with someone getting KTFO.

There is also a HW fight that could be good.

I'm a little bummed that the Ryan Couture fight has been scratched.  But overall, I think it's a solid free card.  No, it isn't nearly the card that happened last week, but no way they could pull off that level of entertainment every time.

SO let me get this straight. People thought that card last week was a god show? What am I missing here?

Morgz -

I dont know if that's a fair comparrison.  Even though the big event last week was free on Spike (awesome!) -- it was basically a PPV caliber event, for Bellator.    To me that is much like the UFC having a big PPV event one week, followed by an FS1 show the next week, with a lot of prospects on the card.  They cant all be huge events.

I'm looking forward to Warren vs LC Davis.  Remember when LC fought Bao Quach on the Affliction show?  He's an exciting fighter with a good wrestling background.  We know Joe Warren has been in some wars and been a participant in a number of exciting fights. 

I'm a little bummed that the Ryan Couture fight has been scratched.  But overall, I think it's a solid free card.  No, it isn't nearly the card that happened last week, but no way they could pull off that level of entertainment every time.

I respect your post, and explanation of context.

I guess I'll wait and watch. Maybe it will be a great event. Phone Post 3.0

rockafella - SO let me get this straight. People thought that card last week was a god show? What am I missing here?
I don't think it was a great show.

A good show, yes. But I don't think it lived up to the 'Dynamite' moniker. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Bullwinkle -
Morgz -

Last week was not ppv worthy. They have not had a card that was ppv worthy.

I'll still watch Phone Post 3.0

bearockbrobama -
UGCTT_Bullwinkle -
Morgz -

Last week was not ppv worthy. They have not had a card that was ppv worthy.

I'll still watch Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. Hence the context.

He stated Bellator PPV worthy.

I'll watch all MMA. Just feel this is too big of a drop off for their stated direction. Phone Post 3.0

Morgz -

VU

I agree and hope LC gets the nod. Can't stand Warren. Phone Post 3.0

It's what they have to work with. Can only recycle so many fighters . That's why they need to build their own stars. Phone Post 3.0

They have their tentpole events and then regular events. The tentpole events are big, think of them as the PPV events. Then the others are more your regular Bellator event. I believe this year there were four tentpole events. Coker recently said next year will have seven. Phone Post 3.0

I just want to see MVP fight again. Coker needs to spend some promo $ on that dude. He'll be a future superstar. Phone Post 3.0

Media Monster - I just want to see MVP fight again. Coker needs to spend some promo $ on that dude. He'll be a future superstar. Phone Post 3.0
October 23rd, I believe. He fights Ward next Phone Post 3.0

rockafella - SO let me get this straight. People thought that card last week was a god show? What am I missing here?
You're not wearing your skinny jeans and scarf. It's the MMA hipster thing to do, shit all over the UFC any chance they get and stroke Bellator's little peen.

Ill be watching tonight. But I take Bellator for what it is, a nice MMA promotion who puts spectacle before sport but with little to no significance to the big picture of MMA. (Except for a handful of fighters). Phone Post 3.0

Warren vs Davis is pretty solid. I think Warren wins via smothering wrestling game. Beltran vs Grove could be good. The rest of the main card looks ok, but surprised it's not with more "name" fighters. Caldwell vs Bunch on the undercard looks good. Same for Teixeira vs Santos. Phone Post 3.0

steve sandstrom -
You're not wearing your skinny jeans and scarf. It's the MMA hipster thing to do, shit all over the UFC any chance they get and stroke Bellator's little peen.

Ill be watching tonight. But I take Bellator for what it is, a nice MMA promotion who puts spectacle before sport but with little to no significance to the big picture of MMA. (Except for a handful of fighters). Phone Post 3.0
I get déjà vu when I hear comments like this. I very clearly remember people completely writing off Strikeforce, calling Rockhold, Jacare, Cormier etc the 'B league' and 'Strikefarce'. Dana himself swore women would never fight in the UFC. It wasn't until Coker showed him that women could in fact headline a show and people would be interested (Carano vs Cyborg then the 1st match between Rousey and Tate).

And now they're running the whole show :) Phone Post 3.0