Bellator Hangover? Thoughts?

TheEmperorRises -
Media Monster - I just want to see MVP fight again. Coker needs to spend some promo $ on that dude. He'll be a future superstar. Phone Post 3.0
October 23rd, I believe. He fights Ward next Phone Post 3.0
Nice. Phone Post 3.0

TheEmperorRises - 
steve sandstrom -
rockafella - SO let me get this straight. People thought that card last week was a god show? What am I missing here?
You're not wearing your skinny jeans and scarf. It's the MMA hipster thing to do, shit all over the UFC any chance they get and stroke Bellator's little peen.

Ill be watching tonight. But I take Bellator for what it is, a nice MMA promotion who puts spectacle before sport but with little to no significance to the big picture of MMA. (Except for a handful of fighters). Phone Post 3.0
I get déjà vu when I hear comments like this. I very clearly remember people completely writing off Strikeforce, calling Rockhold, Jacare, Cormier etc the 'B league' and 'Strikefarce'. Dana himself swore women would never fight in the UFC. It wasn't until Coker showed him that women could in fact headline a show and people would be interested (Carano vs Cyborg then the 1st match between Rousey and Tate).

And now they're running the whole show :) Phone Post 3.0

No one was shitting on Rockhold, Jacare, Cormier. They were brought up every time some asked who Strikeforce had that was UFC worthy. The rest of Strikeforce for the most part was B league.

TheEmperorRises -
steve sandstrom -
rockafella - SO let me get this straight. People thought that card last week was a god show? What am I missing here?
You're not wearing your skinny jeans and scarf. It's the MMA hipster thing to do, shit all over the UFC any chance they get and stroke Bellator's little peen.

Ill be watching tonight. But I take Bellator for what it is, a nice MMA promotion who puts spectacle before sport but with little to no significance to the big picture of MMA. (Except for a handful of fighters). Phone Post 3.0
I get déjà vu when I hear comments like this. I very clearly remember people completely writing off Strikeforce, calling Rockhold, Jacare, Cormier etc the 'B league' and 'Strikefarce'. Dana himself swore women would never fight in the UFC. It wasn't until Coker showed him that women could in fact headline a show and people would be interested (Carano vs Cyborg then the 1st match between Rousey and Tate).

I agree. But Strikeforce was legit because of the fighters. They would never have headlined a show with Kimbo vs shamrock. And they most certainly would not of had a 40 year old broke down Tito fighting or their championship.

I don't know I just don't take Bellator serious like I did SF, Pride and WEC. Phone Post 3.0

steve sandstrom -
TheEmperorRises -
steve sandstrom -

I agree. But Strikeforce was legit because of the fighters. They would never have headlined a show with Kimbo vs shamrock. And they most certainly would not of had a 40 year old broke down Tito fighting or their championship.

I don't know I just don't take Bellator serious like I did SF, Pride and WEC. Phone Post 3.0
Kimbo vs Shamrock, to me was like a trojan horse to introduce people to Patricio Pitbull.

Ortiz vs Bonnar was more of the same- a sham hoping you'd tune in to see that and walk away remembering Ill Will Brooks stopping Michael Chandler.

Ortiz at Dynamite was sacrificed so that you'd take notice of Liam McGeary.

Bellator has some great fighters. Like Media Monster said earlier in this thread- Michael Venom Page is going to be a huge star. Douglas Lima, Patricio Pitbull, Liam McGeary, Will Brooks, Eduardo Dantes, Marcin Held, King Mo, Vitaly Minakov, etc. I think Coker is just using these known guys to help introduce them. Phone Post 3.0

TheEmperorRises - 
Media Monster - I just want to see MVP fight again. Coker needs to spend some promo $ on that dude. He'll be a future superstar. Phone Post 3.0
October 23rd, I believe. He fights Ward next Phone Post 3.0

I've also become a fan of Marcin Held.  Always look forward to his fights.  Great ground game.

Bellator has some quality talent.  They may not all be UFC caliber top to bottom, but they aren't exactly push-overs, either.  Lots of guys there that could easily compete in the UFC.

thx op, will watch but did not know about it

I'm glad this thread was made, thanks for reminding me op. Vu Phone Post 3.0

Bellator doesnt have enough top quality talent to consistently put on great shows from month to month..they have a handful of to fighters but thats it..

looking forward to MVPs next fight and i wonder when Koscheck will make his debut? Pele was wanting to fight for them, i wonder what will come of that?

Nuevo Haole - thx op, will watch but did not know about it
Sad that Bellator/Samurai doesn't have at least 1 paid poster.. Phone Post 3.0