Bellator payouts were ridiculous, IMO

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/11/bellator-131-salaries-tito-ortizs-300k-tops-payroll-633k-event-payroll

Scott Cokers first real event is getting a lot of positive feedback, which I agree with mostly, but 300k for Tito? Potentially 200k for Bonnar? I find these salaries ridiculous when there were 9 guys on the card whos show money was $2000 or less. The UFC are the only other promoter capable of paying that type of money and they weren't trying to sign these guys, so how did they negotiate such huge contracts?!

Coker needs to change not just the fans perception of Bellator, but fighters too - such discrepancy in salary is not going to help things there. Lot done but a lot more to do in my opinion. What do you guys think?

I see your point, but tits vs dome was the draw

ShanTheMan - I see your point, but tits vs dome was the draw

Maybe to the casual, but not for everyone. I know Tito and Bonnar spent a lot of time promoting the fight, but potentially forking out 500k (don't know if Titos deal was a flat 300 or split between show/win) was overkill I thought.

Needs to change if they expect fighters to want to show some loyalty and stay with them when the UFC comes knockin. If I took home $1500 in my first Bellator fight, that's something I'd remember at the negotiating table later on in my career if I had success.

doubs - 
ShanTheMan - I see your point, but tits vs dome was the draw

Maybe to the casual, but not for everyone. I know Tito and Bonnar spent a lot of time promoting the fight, but potentially forking out 500k (don't know if Titos deal was a flat 300 or split between show/win) was overkill I thought.

Needs to change if they expect fighters to want to show some loyalty and stay with them when the UFC comes knockin. If I took home $1500 in my first Bellator fight, that's something I'd remember at the negotiating table later on in my career if I had success.

ShanTheMan is correct.

Bellator needs the "casual fan". The hardcore fans know it's the B-league.

Tito and Bonnar's pay was fine. They are big names in MMA. They should have just paid the rest of the guys more.

I agree, its a shame that mma fighters still get paid soo little, hopefully bellator can get on track next year soo the ufc and bmma could bid eachother up

Tito getting paid 300,000 at this point in his career is comical! Bonner making 100,000 to loose is comical. Chandler maid 10,000? Mo 10,000? I never have been one to complain about fighter pay but we've seen how this plays out, only there really is no value for the UFC to come in and save the day with a buy out when all these guys are washouts for the most part anyway. Belletor will be known for hosting fights that the fans who just can't let go of the past tune in for. Phone Post

Brooks just won the belt and made over 60k doing it.

How much did Barao make when he won the belt?

the only negatives were the guys making $1500

the people making 10k and over were fine.

Tito and bonnar were fine. They actually got me to tune in just to see the trainwreck.

Wasn't it like this for Strikeforce as well? Huge paydays for certain guys while a lot made peanuts.

And the washed up bum Tito takes home 300 G's. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0

No way I'm going to bitch that a fighter is fucking getting PAID.

Blame Bjorn for all the old contracts, this will get sorted out in time.