Bellator PPV now on DirecTV site with price

JimmersonzGlove - 
ProteinBake - Bellator is fucking stupid for setting the price that high. Phone Post 3.0

Why? The same 60,000 people are going to buy it whether its $25 or $45.

Agreed.

Setting price points is never easy. If they think there are 60K who will buy it regardless of price, they are better off maximizing the revenue on those 60K and not worrying about anyone else.

I think they could pick up another 30K-40K buys if the price was $25, but they would wind up making less money overall if they dropped the price that much. 60K buys at $45 is quite a bit more profitable than 90K buys at $25 and even slightly more profitable than 100K buys at $25.

Personally, I think the floor is much lower than 60K. Pride regularly pulled 15K-20K for their Japan-based PPVs and 50K for their two American shows. TNA regularly pulls around 10K-15K for their wrasslin' cards. WFA (headlined by Rampage-Lindland) and other smaller MMA PPVs have pulled under 10K. For Bellator, I think the floor is somewhere in that 30K-50K area with a potential upside of Afflcition-level numbers (90K-100K) at best.

I say 30,000 Buys.

Silverball - If this thing does over a 100,000 buys, Scott Coker will be kicking himself for not attempting a Strikeforce pay per view prior to selling his life's work down the river to Zuffa.

Coker didn't have a choice.

He tried like crazy to find financing to buy out SVSE's shares, but couldn't get the money. If Coker has any regrets, it's bringing in SVSE as partners in the first place. They sold Strikeforce out from under him. Zuffa just happened to be the company that bought it. If it hadn't have been Zuffa, it would have been ProElite or some other bidder. Either way, Coker was fucked.

Is the UFC going to counter program? Phone Post 3.0

It's a solid card, but US$45 solid? No. Hell, I even get the UFC PPV's for US$10... Know your target markets.

ShoreBreaker420 - Is the UFC going to counter program? Phone Post 3.0

Dana White said he wasn't going to bother.

ShoreBreaker420 - Is the UFC going to counter program? Phone Post 3.0

Nope.

Contrary to popular belief, it was SpikeTV that had the hard-on for counter-programming, not Zuffa. They even counter-programmed Zuffa back when the UFC and WEC did shows on Versus. They have insane amounts of free time floating around on their programming schedule to do that kind of thing.

FOX and FS1 have other shit going on. They will be airing the Colorado versus UCLA college football game.

Dough Joe - i actually made a thread about this topic in hopes Bellator people would see it and realise people won't be paying ufc prices for bellator. i guess no one important over there has their ears to the streetz

I think it's probably too late, even if Bellator people were reading. They said 35-45 at the press conference so that means they already decided and maybe had already set it in the contracts with the ppv providers when they agreed to carry the event.

Let me bang bro - if they aint takin food stamps as payment i caint watch it
Lol Phone Post 3.0

Seriously though, I wouldn't pay $45 for a ticket to this shit. Phone Post

Jacro - Gonna be a lot of parrots and eye patches
This. Phone Post 3.0

Dough Joe - i actually made a thread about this topic in hopes Bellator people would see it and realise people won't be paying ufc prices for bellator. i guess no one important over there has their ears to the streetz

I think like someone else already mentioned in this thread, the selling price for this ppv won't have a dramatic effect on buys one way or another. The people that are interested in purchasing this will buy it at whatever the price point is. Maybe you get a few more thousand buys by lowering the price significantly but you're losing a lot more in your gross revenue,imho.

Honestly, the price makes sense for them financially. The people complaining most about the price most likely already made up their minds about purchasing the PPV before the cost was announced.

They've likely gauged the reaction online and decided to maximize profits on people who are actually going to pay for the PPV, rather than illegally stream or download it.

I personally wish the price was lower, but I can manage ordering the event at this cost.

Tomato Can - How I value this card:

Quinton Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz ($0, no fucks given)
Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez ($10, very good fight)
Pat Curran vs. Daniel Straus ($10, very good fight)
Muhammed Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton ($5, pretty good fight)
Cheick Kongo vs. Vinicius Queiroz ($0, no fucks given)

So ... about $25 total.

very good analogy

And if the price is a problem but you still want to see this card, I'm sure most Dave & Busters restaurants will be showing this PPV, as they have a partnership with Bellator.

UGCTT_ShanTheMan - 
Ramon Maroni - Bellator is fucking stupid to charge 44.95

I would've bought it at the $20-25 range, but not 44.95

I agree with r-o-y on the 27k buys

I am not r-o-y lol Phone Post

oh shit, sorry ShanTheMan

I will buy it, it's a great card. Phone Post 3.0

Big Pookie -
*cough* stream *cough*

THATS FUCKING ILLEGAL Phone Post

Hikikomori - Im buying this card regardless of the price.
Bellator Fan bought himself a blue and new screen name. Must be payday. I kid. Phone Post 3.0

Lmfao at $45. Phone Post 3.0