Bellator Salaries are comical

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - The difference is the UFC controls 90% of the market share and are highly profitable. Phone Post 3.0

That's no excuse for a billion dollar corporation like Viacom to underpay guys who are destroying themselves for nothing. If the market is going to change and be competitive, Bellator should be handing out bigger paydays.

Bonnar ever make 100k a fight in UFC ? Just curious . Mo making 10k wtf is that ? Mma is underpaid overall - what was WSOF payout ? Phone Post 3.0

Idk if people realize this but, bmma doesnt bring nearly as much money as the ufc, instead of looking at simple numbers, people shooks look at how much the org brings in and how much they distribute to the fighters, thats the real way to measure it, u cant give out more than u have for long or else youll go under, idk how current this is but i read that the ufc pays out around 7 precent (no source)of how much they bring in, idk what bellator numbers look like but id bet serious cash that its more than the ufc, percentage wise of course.

lifeaftrprison - Bonnar ever make 100k a fight in UFC ? Just curious . Mo making 10k wtf is that ? Mma is underpaid overall - what was WSOF payout ? Phone Post 3.0

Bonnar got $34k in his last UFC fight.

Yeah. Wow. 10gs for Melvin and 25 for chandler??? Phone Post 3.0

That being said , it's funny this show is second rate and can't compete with the UFC according to many. But it should pay the same ? Bonnar I would say made more than he ever did with the UFC , they also allowed the fighters to get multiple sponsors - and put on a hell of a show. If the ratings come back good more advertising dollars will be spent on the next show- which will help increase sponsor dollars and hopefully fighter pay in the long run. What was UFC payroll last night ? Phone Post 3.0

Now I see why Tito was chirping for a Bonnar rematch...easy 300k payday.

whooleeo - Idk if people realize this but, bmma doesnt bring nearly as much money as the ufc, instead of looking at simple numbers, people shooks look at how much the org brings in and how much they distribute to the fighters, thats the real way to measure it, u cant give out more than u have for long or else youll go under, idk how current this is but i read that the ufc pays out around 7 precent (no source)of how much they bring in, idk what bellator numbers look like but id bet serious cash that its more than the ufc, percentage wise of course.

Viacom brings in billions a year. They can afford to pay their fighters a minimum of $8k-$10k a fight. Paying fighters less than Zuffa does (let's be honest, there's no way Zuffa is as loaded as Viacom) also drives down the asking price for fighters trying to come up.

Viacom needs to throw money towards the fighters to put pressure on Zuffa business wise.

UGCTTN00B -
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - The difference is the UFC controls 90% of the market share and are highly profitable. Phone Post 3.0

That's no excuse for a billion dollar corporation like Viacom to underpay guys who are destroying themselves for nothing. If the market is going to change and be competitive, Bellator should be handing out bigger paydays.
I think you missed the point of my post.

Just because Viacom has a lot of money doesn't mean they are willing to allocate that money to supplement fighter pay. They will pay guys according to what Bellator brings in to remain profitable. Increase in fighter pay needs to start with the Industry leader, the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Salaries are probably pre Coker era Phone Post 3.0

Is bellator claiming to be worth 3 billion? Are the executives driving and buying multiple ferrarris? What about shipping in snow to have on their vegas driveways Phone Post 3.0

UGCTTN00B -

You are a moron. Phone Post 3.0

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - 
UGCTTN00B -

Just because Viacom has a lot of money doesn't mean they are willing to allocate that money to supplement fighter pay. They will pay guys according to what Bellator brings in to remain profitable. Increase in fighter pay needs to start with the Industry leader, the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

No, I got your point. And I stand by mine. The question isn't whether Viacom wants to, it's about how they should be paying out more. Just because Zuffa controls the MMA market doesn't excuse Viacom paying guys less than what guys on local shows make. Viacom's bank account isn't going to break by paying prelim guys a minimum $8k a fight. And the UFC isn't going to pay more if they see Bellator paying their guys nothing.

RyannVonDoom - 
UGCTTN00B -

You are a moron. Phone Post 3.0

That means so much to me coming from you.

What was the UFC payout last night ? What was WSOF ? Phone Post 3.0

UGCTTN00B -
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - 
UGCTTN00B -

No, I got your point. And I stand by mine. The question isn't whether Viacom wants to, it's about how they should be paying out more. Just because Zuffa controls the MMA market doesn't excuse Viacom paying guys less than what guys on local shows make. Viacom's bank account isn't going to break by paying prelim guys a minimum $8k a fight. And the UFC isn't going to pay more if they see Bellator paying their guys nothing.
Those prelim fighters are just guys from the regional circuit and they most likely won't be making more than 3-4k a fight anywhere else. What you are suggesting is comparable to wanting the CFL to pay their players as much as the NFL.

It doesn't matter that Viacom owns Bellator because they operate independently. On top of that, Viacom is a public company and shareholders will not sit idly if they were to supplement large fighter salaries to a subsidiary that doesn't make any money. Phone Post 3.0

Seems like its not worth it to just be a Professional fighter. Might aswell have it as a side "job" while having a full time career.

Thats kind of a joke what some of these guys get paid. how do they even live?

It doesn't rub you a little wrong that Viacom, a multi-billion dollar corporation (worth waaaaaaaaaay more than Zuffa) and majority owner of Bellator, pays most of their athletes wages they cannot live on even though they can afford top make ALL of them millionaires tomorrow if they wanted to? LOL@ them paying ANY of their guys only $1,500!

Cindy

UGCTTN00B - 
whooleeo - Idk if people realize this but, bmma doesnt bring nearly as much money as the ufc, instead of looking at simple numbers, people shooks look at how much the org brings in and how much they distribute to the fighters, thats the real way to measure it, u cant give out more than u have for long or else youll go under, idk how current this is but i read that the ufc pays out around 7 precent (no source)of how much they bring in, idk what bellator numbers look like but id bet serious cash that its more than the ufc, percentage wise of course.

Viacom brings in billions a year. They can afford to pay their fighters a minimum of $8k-$10k a fight. Paying fighters less than Zuffa does (let's be honest, there's no way Zuffa is as loaded as Viacom) also drives down the asking price for fighters trying to come up.

Viacom needs to throw money towards the fighters to put pressure on Zuffa business wise.

Ha! I could have saved myself  post. Glad someone gets it. Wages is what Scott needs to change, IMO.

Cindy

I can't believe they paid Tito for that much for such a poor exibition. King Mo is right. If Tito fights like that vs other 205ers Tito is going to have a nap.