Bellator season 2 to be live

Not until 2010, unfortunately. Sounds like they  will be on a network?

From Sherdog:

"[The TV deal] is finished, it’s done. We’ll be announcing it very, very shortly -- in all likelihood, within the next 12 days. We have a situation set up now where we’ll be able to give over 150 million people each week the opportunity to tune in and watch what we’re doing, and that’s a very exciting thing. ..You’ll be able to watch Bellator season two live."

TTMFT!

Will it be in english? The ones I found were always in spanish...er mexican....

"You will be able to watch the show in both Spanish and English language next season."

hmmm, norm ESPN and deportes?

ESPN 2 maybe?

hell yeah, no more spoilers.

pretty f'n awesome.  150 million homes, live broadcasts, and a tournament format.

Then we might have the UFC, Strikeforce and Bellator on TV would be great.

All we need now is for them to partner with Sengoku for some talent sharing.

Great news

can't wait

As much as i like Bellator... it will be sad for Eddie Alvarez to stay in there without an improved roster.

That 150 million number is some creative math. They must be combining a high-tier channel like ESPN2 Fox Sports, which is available in about 90 million homes, and a mid-tier channel that reaches about 60 million. The thing is, neither ESPN Deportes nor Fox Sports en Espanol are in that group.

Hmm. Maybe they're going multiplying number of homes by average number of people in the homes or something.

saerbarnet - 
Mit - Will it be in english? The ones I found were always in spanish...er mexican....

Then I guess you missed the fact that they had the entire season up for streaming from their webpage (in english) a couple of days after it was broadcasted on ESPN Deportes (And it was also free)

Oh good to know.

Bellator CEO: Season Two Will Be Available in Over 150 Million Homes

Amazing. Me = Happy.

OmegaPoon -  As much as i like Bellator... it will be sad for Eddie Alvarez to stay in there without an improved roster.

sad to see him not fighting other elite LW's, but he is cleaning up financially by fighting for them and happy to do so. I want to see Eddie fight the winner of Aoki v Hansen III as the final fight on his DREAM contract, BEFORE his next Bellator run

What is the rationale for signing a network deal but "not being able" to announce it?

orcus -  What is the rationale for signing a network deal but "not being able" to announce it?

My guess is that the network wants to be able to have the PR push behind it in terms of Web and alliances with Sponsors.

I don't even know what channel we are going to be on yet!