Bellator signings

The problem with Bellator is showtime and never actually promoting their fights. No ads, no buildups, no countdown shows. I hardly know when its on and its usually last minute. Terrible model

1 Like

You don’t think the UFC is in Cahoots with SHOWTIME?

Keep them around so they aren’t considered a monopoly? Pay them so they don’t have to have high ratings or ramped up shows ? Just enough money to be made off of hard core fans ?

MR. C

No. One is around, PFL etc.

2 Likes

The rumor is they are switching to Paramount plus app. Supposedly Showtime is supposed to dissolve. These rumors were heavy last fall, I remember Big John and the guys employed by Bellator saying they might not have jobs. Also there is a rumor Bellator is taking bids for sale. A lot of uncertainty going on. People love to blame Showtime but Strikeforce was exclusively Showtime in an era you had to buy the package and not an app, and Strikeforce was amazing, I rarely heard anyone bitch about Showtime back then cause It sure beat paying $60 for a PPV. But I agree Bellator needs to make a move. It’s the lack of promotion AND over saturation of MMA. People barely have enough time to watch anything but UFC. In the past casuals would watch when it was an off week for UFC, but that rarely happens anymore. I think Bellator needs to announce a multi year TV deal with consistency. The tournaments are the most appealing thing with Bellator but they are taking way too long compared to Strikeforce.

1 Like