Bellator Signs Babalu For 2013 LHW Tournament

Great news. Babalu now in the Bellator family. He'll compete in our 205 tourney on Spike in January. Can't wait. pic.twitter.com/7Tyao8vU

From Bjorn's twitter

Dont think its a really big deal signing like Mo or even Daley, more of a guy who has a name and adds depth to a tournament.

Much better to have a Babalu in a tournament than some no name dude from Europe that nobody knows or cares about. And that div is so weak he instantly becomes top 3.

I'd LOVE to see Babs get through this tourney and add another title to his legacy... he always reminds me of old school vale tudo

This is great news!

I can't wait to see Babalu in the Bellator cage!

I couldn't disagree more about this signing. It makes no sense for Bellator. They are so great because they have been able to make their own stars. Now that Viacom owns them and they are moving to Spike they are signing way too many UFC outcasts. This isn't what made them a great organization. Spike is going to ruin them. Phone Post

FenixTX - I couldn't disagree more about this signing. It makes no sense for Bellator. They are so great because they have been able to make their own stars. Now that Viacom owns them and they are moving to Spike they are signing way too many UFC outcasts. This isn't what made them a great organization. Spike is going to ruin them. Phone Post

THIS.

If they keep signing ufc castaways they'll be just another shitty b-level show living off zuffa's scraps.

Bellator is awesome because they develop prospects, and should keep it that way. Phone Post

Wiuff vs Babalu, sometime down the road...

It would be stupid not to sign former UFC guys. Sobral just fought for ONE and still has a fan base. Don't sign him because he fought in the UFC? Troll logic is getter weirder and weirder.

valetudosuperfight - It would be stupid not to sign former UFC guys. Sobral just fought for ONE and still has a fan base. Don't sign him because he fought in the UFC? Troll logic is getter weirder and weirder.

Differentiation in a saturated market, how does it work? Phone Post

Nice.

Babalu is the man. He'll be champ. Phone Post

Fabes - Babalu is the man. He'll be champ. Phone Post

Agreed! Phone Post

i just thought Not Dana White said he would not go after ex UFC guys...what happened there?

FenixTX - 

I couldn't disagree more about this signing. It makes no sense for Bellator. They are so great because they have been able to make their own stars. Now that Viacom owns them and they are moving to Spike they are signing way too many UFC outcasts. This isn't what made them a great organization. Spike is going to ruin them. Phone Post

Well get used to it because thats exactly what they are gonna do. Spike is gonna have them sign alot of ex UFC fighters and I think a few TUF fighters. They are gonna want guys that fans know from the UFC so they tune in, plus you build your prospects off the UFC fighters names and make them into stars.

Right now Bellator doesnt have stars, they have great prospects and a few elite fighters but no real stars. Its why they are holding back Daley until the move to Spike, they want to debut on Spike with guys fans know. Babalu, Mo, Daley etc.

This isnt a bad signing, its not some blockbuster signing its just a mid level LHW, well mid level in the UFC atleast, mid level guy who has fought the best and beaten some top guys and is a name hardcore fans know. Dont see how this is bad for them. If they just start signing every UFC reject that wouldnt be good but I expect Spike to sign more ex UFC/TUF fighters especially guys who they promoted on Spike alot.

Will Babalu fight King Mo? Aren't they training partners? Phone Post

^^^ Babalu and king Mo haven't trained with each other for a while now. King MO is up at AKA now and Babalu is still with Kings.

Fan tastic

Ramsey - i just thought Not Dana White said he would not go after ex UFC guys...what happened there?

Babalu isn't just some "ex UFC guy" or TUF reject... He's not even one of those good guys that hit a rough patch losing streak and then got cut. He got let go for destroying somebody, let's not forget that

Good news. Bellator needs help at lhw and hw Phone Post

FenixTX -  I couldn't disagree more about this signing. It makes no sense for Bellator. They are so great because they have been able to make their own stars. Now that Viacom owns them and they are moving to Spike they are signing way too many UFC outcasts. This isn't what made them a great organization. Spike is going to ruin them. Phone Post

Yep spike is calling the shots now... I guarantee the tournament format will go out the window by 2014.