Bellator suing UFC

Article on main page. Interesting article about how the plaintiffs are only going after the UFC and the UFC subpoenaed it's competitors to show that other contracts are more restrictive or similar. I also find it interesting how Bellator/WSOF seem to slide by while the UFC is under attack from MMAFA and MMAAA. 

UFC got the most money

The ufc sold for 4.2 billion dollars, and the fighters didnt see a penny. They are the product and it's their blood sweat and tears that made it. Add in the fact that dana boasted about it constantly and how he has x amount of cars etc... they are the nfl of mma and it's the reason why they are the focal point. 

cyberc92 - 

Article on main page. Interesting article about how the plaintiffs are only going after the UFC and the UFC subpoenaed it's competitors to show that other contracts are more restrictive or similar. I also find it interesting how Bellator/WSOF seem to slide by while the UFC is under attack from MMAFA and MMAAA. 

ufc is worth bank and owmers have deep pockets compared to other shows so who would u go after?

They all have the same type of contracts, I'm sure everyone remembers all the shit eddie and rampage went through... bellator is suing the UFC for the same exact thing that they do as well.

UFC can't continuously through Bellator under the bus at every chance then go ..."Could we get a little back up here please?? We want to prove that you guys are just as bad as us so we can save our own skin." - yeah I'd fucking help too

Fertitas sold at the right time for the most profit. I don't see this lawsuit ending well for the UFC.

Ryann Von Doom -

The ufc sold for 4.2 billion dollars, and the fighters didnt see a penny. They are the product and it's their blood sweat and tears that made it. Add in the fact that dana boasted about it constantly and how he has x amount of cars etc... they are the nfl of mma and it's the reason why they are the focal point. 

Are you seriously complaining that independent contractors didn't get a cut of the sale of a company?

Do you realize how fucking retarded that is?

Not saying we aren't on the same side if the fighter pay debate, but seriously man that's some window licking stuff right there. Even if they were employees, you don't get paid off the sale of a company to another entity.

cyberc92 -

The UFC is the one that restricts other endorsements. 

Samoa -
cyberc92 -

Isn't this common in other sports as well?

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Samoa -
cyberc92 -

The point I was responding to was "why the UFC and not the other promotions?"  

Ryann Von Doom - 

Employees should never expect to be compensated when a business is sold. It would be nice if figjterd made more, and profit sharing is appropriate.

Samoa -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Samoa -
cyberc92 -

Fair enough. Other posts brought up other sports.

Is the restriction on sponsors a main point if the lawsuit?

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Samoa -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Samoa -
cyberc92 -

I think we need to level set here:

I was responding to OP's sentence "I also find it interesting how Bellator/WSOF seem to slide by while the UFC is under attack from MMAFA and MMAA".

I stated that the UFC has contracts that severely restrict the endorsements of the fighters so that might be why the fighter orgs have the UFC in their sights more than the other organizations.

You asking if sponsorships are a main point of the lawsuit doesn't make sense to the thread.  The lawsuit is between Bellator and the UFC and has to do with the release of contract information that would give the UFC an advantage in future negotiations with fighters.

If you are asking about the lawsuit between the fighter org and the UFC, yes, sponsorship is mentioned and is a main point of the anti-trust lawsuit they have filed against the UFC.

Why go after small fries? If they get the bit dogs the rest will either have to fall in line or be forced to after 

Samoa -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Samoa -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Samoa -
cyberc92 -

I was responding to OP's sentence "I also find it interesting how Bellator/WSOF seem to slide by while the UFC is under attack from MMAFA and MMAA".

I stated that the UFC has contracts that severely restrict the endorsements of the fighters so that might be why the fighter orgs have the UFC in their sights more than the other organizations.

You asking if sponsorships are a main point of the lawsuit doesn't make sense to the thread.  The lawsuit is between Bellator and the UFC and has to do with the release of contract information that would give the UFC an advantage in future negotiations with fighters.

If you are asking about the lawsuit between the fighter org and the UFC, yes, sponsorship is mentioned and is a main point of the anti-trust lawsuit they have filed against the UFC.

Whoa man. I was asking questions not trying to prove a point or anything. I realize the thread is about bellator vs ufc lawsuit, but the posts I was quoting were about the organizations going after the ufc. Thanks for answering my questions though. Sorry if it came across wrong.

Fighters organizations*

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Samoa -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Samoa -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Samoa -
cyberc92 -

Whoa man. I was asking questions not trying to prove a point or anything. I realize the thread is about bellator vs ufc lawsuit, but the posts I was quoting were about the organizations going after the ufc. Thanks for answering my questions though. Sorry if it came across wrong.

I didn't mean to come off like I thought you were trying to make a point. My apologies. I just felt like we were talking about two different things. My bad. 

I can see how my post wasn't very clear since the thread was about bellator suing the ufc. All good man.

The bellator lawsuit should be interesting to watch unfold. Didn't someone from bellator get in trouble for basically copy/pasting the ufc contract to use for bellator a few years back?

I remember something about a contract being shared that caused an uproar but the problem with gettin old is that my memory isn't as good as it used to be and I also tend to forget things when I can't remember them.