Bellator tops the dumbness of King Mo/Newton II

TheVileOne - It's not legitimate at all. To earn the title shot means you WON the tournament.

Chael Sonnen gave the top pound 4 pound fighter in the world one of the toughest fights in his career. He was a top ranked middleweight. He's no less legitimate than Brett Cooper.

there is a difference though... people wanted to watch chael/jones... nobody gives a shit about cooper/shlemenko.

aint no way brotha, we want to see more of your topics MMALOGIC

smh

Bellator Fan - Bellator has ZERO to gain as a promotion by putting Cooper in this fight but they have a system in place (tournament clause) and they honored it. What's wrong with that? This isn't the UFC putting Meisha Tate in a title fight and on TUF because they wanted to all along.

so if dana created a clause making it alright to put meisha in you'd be alright with it? maybe he can write it down on a napkin and hand it to you....

hold on a sec... i gotta take a shit.  need to make a clause first because i said i wouldnt take a shit at this time of day.

MMALOGIC - 
Bellator Fan - Bellator has ZERO to gain as a promotion by putting Cooper in this fight but they have a system in place (tournament clause) and they honored it. What's wrong with that? This isn't the UFC putting Meisha Tate in a title fight and on TUF because they wanted to all along.

so if dana created a clause making it alright to put meisha in you'd be alright with it? maybe he can write it down on a napkin and hand it to you....

hold on a sec... i gotta take a shit.  need to make a clause first because i said i wouldnt take a shit at this time of day.

No dude, Brett Cooper in a 1st round Ko loss > Miesha in a back a forth war and TUF already ready to go

BECAUSE OF THE CLAUSE DUDE! THE CLAUSE!

Fucking Santa Clause more like it, Gift titleshot.

So if I've got this right, the champion shouldn't be allowed to fight because the #1 contender is injured? I can't recall reading a dumber post on this forum.

The top contender is injured, so the next most deserving guy is the runner-up in the tournament. By definition, being the runner-up means he's coming off a loss. It's unfortunate, but there's no better way to handle it. Marshall gets his title shot when he returns against whoever holds it.

Bellator Fan - Meisha Tate (0-1 in the UFC coming off a TKO loss) is fighting for a World Championship

lol in a division with literally less than 10 fights to it's credit, sure it's not relative or anything and NOTHING MATTERS OUTSIDE OF UFC AND BELLATOR AM I RITE??

And Miesha vs Ronda falls in line with their max money fights, whether right or wrong it's consistent. How is Brett Cooper max anything except minimum wait time for a title fight?

I don't like the fight and don't want it too happen

But technically who would be the next in line? The tournament runner up

Look they both suck here, but here's the overall point, don't call yourself "the place where title shots are earned" if you are not going to able to wait for any inujry to heal to have a fight, there's no way every single injury currently to title shot holders means a massive wait for the fight to happen. Either you stick to people earning title shots or drop the high horse act.

brahmabull81 - i think its a bad choice.

Having said that, everyone hated on Bellator for making champs sit idle on the sidelines for up to a year a more sometimes (partially why Conrad probably retired) and now they have a way to avoid that. For the fans and legitimacy its not good, but its good in keeping the champs active.

They gotta find a balance for that, with an increase in testing and also injuries you will end up with a series of pointless beatdown freakmatches that mean nothing to the champ's reputation building. You can't very well expect people as they get more and more learned about MMA to stick around for the MMA equivalent of job matches for the champ when the tournament champs themselves have had a hard enough time in certain divisons giving the champs much of challenge. Non-title fights are that balance to me, there's no need to have a title fight if the guy isn't available but every reason to still have the champ fight. The reward for winning the tournament should be the belt is available to you and otherwise, if you are a replacement, it isn't. And if the challenger in the non-title match wins? He earns a titlefight when available and now you have banked a title contender you don't need to send back through the tournament.

MRXC - All I read all day, everyday on this website is 'Boohoo, I hate MMA. I don't want to see anyone fight anyone. Everyone is a can. No one earned anything. Every company sucks & every promoter sucks even more. Champions are overrated, have overrated skills & never beat anyone to become a champion, because like I said, everyone is a can.'

I love MMA. Book the fights, and I'll watch them.

These fools would complain about winning the lottery.

WHy have belts then? Lets just have a big game of Bingo to determine the matchups and the card order in all of MMA!

Bellator Fan - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Look they both suck here, but here's the overall point, don't call yourself "the place where title shots are earned" if you are not going to able to wait for any inujry to heal to have a fight, there's no way every single injury currently to title shot holders means a massive wait for the fight to happen. Either you stick to people earning title shots or drop the high horse act.

STFU. In the rare situation where a tourney winner can't go he will be replaced by the most deserving contender it's that simple. 90% of the time a tourney winner will fight for the title.

whatever you need to feel superior son you keep on thinking it

Bellator Fan -
ChaosOverkill - 

STFU. In the rare situation where a tourney winner can't go he will be replaced by the most deserving contender it's that simple. 90% of the time a tourney winner will fight for the title.
Don't ask bellatorfan if he's hurting, he's hurt bro

I guess the 'title shot off a loss' ammunition has run out.

Latching onto the 'credibility' of the organization that is now - booking title shots to guys coming off a loss, playing favorites with fighters to push through their division, and is booking past their prime UFC drop outs on losing skids to headline their first ppv instead of their champs - that's gotta hurt. Phone Post 3.0

Oontyex - 
Bellator Fan -
ChaosOverkill - 

Don't ask bellatorfan if he's hurting, he's hurt bro

I guess the 'title shot off a loss' ammunition has run out.

Latching onto the 'credibility' of the organization that is now - booking title shots to guys coming off a loss, playing favorites with fighters to push through their division, and is booking past their prime UFC drop outs on losing skids to headline their first ppv instead of their champs - that's gotta hurt. Phone Post 3.0

yeah the facts seem to have brough out the mad in him and derailed his troll.

I was sort of praying to Allah that you were going to be upset that they claimed Marshall was "injured" so that Shlemenko could fight Mamed Khalidov on the pay per view. :/ But not, this is shitty news indeed.

I would have more of a problem with this if the UFC hadn't done it however many times in the last year.

Hmmmm, might have to side step this PPV. Phone Post 3.0

RKing85 - I would have more of a problem with this if the UFC hadn't done it however many times in the last year.
Big difference when they claim that " title shots are earned not given " he puts this new clause then 6 days later he announces this ... Smh bellator is going down and faster than I thought ...

If they stuck with what they was doing when the promotion first started they would have been better off IMO ... Phone Post 3.0

Tat2tillidie - 
RKing85 - I would have more of a problem with this if the UFC hadn't done it however many times in the last year.
Big difference when they claim that " title shots are earned not given " he puts this new clause then 6 days later he announces this ... Smh bellator is going down and faster than I thought ...

If they stuck with what they was doing when the promotion first started they would have been better off IMO ... Phone Post 3.0

Yep. epwar made the same point earlier and he was one of their biggest shills:) Perhaps they thought no one would notice. Still gonna watch it, though.

Cindy