Bellator: UFC's garbage collector

It seems that Bellator has made it a key strategy to pick up people that have been rejected/let go by the UFC

Why? I get that these people have name value, but these people were let go by the UFC for a reason....this strategy is not a good look-its like the homeless guy that goes around trash cans looking for recyclables....

bellator should focus on growing their own talent

Did you even watch Kimbo vs Dadda?

#RIPKIMBO

Bellator's strategy works, that is why.

Perfect example, I watched BNB for the first time this week because someone posted the video of Joe Riggs in it. Up until then, I had no idea bare knuckle boxing had legit events in a ring... I assumed it was all basement/backyard shit like Kimbo's fights.

I watched something I otherwise never have and maybe never would have because I recognized a name of someone I liked in the UFC.

Bellator is under the same concept... if they have an entire card of people unheard of in mainstream MMA, but have 2 or 3 guys that are recognized names... those that might otherwise not watch will tune in. It's a fine balance between ratings and creating talent. You need both to survive as a business, without either, the business fails.

Affliction had all names and no creations... it failed. Local shows have all creations and no names... theres a reason many fail and none are on TV.... no ratings.

Coker knows what he's doing and thats why they hired him and not you.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, bellator is entertaining as hell. I enjoy watching it and so do my friends. They're all still martial artists and human beings with amazing sets of skills. If you're as big a fight fan as me, you don't give two shits if it's the top organization or not, you love to watch for the action and not the names.

Lurker99 - Bellator's strategy works, that is why.

Perfect example, I watched BNB for the first time this week because someone posted the video of Joe Riggs in it. Up until then, I had no idea bare knuckle boxing had legit events in a ring... I assumed it was all basement/backyard shit like Kimbo's fights.

I watched something I otherwise never have and maybe never would have because I recognized a name of someone I liked in the UFC.

Bellator is under the same concept... if they have an entire card of people unheard of in mainstream MMA, but have 2 or 3 guys that are recognized names... those that might otherwise not watch will tune in. It's a fine balance between ratings and creating talent. You need both to survive as a business, without either, the business fails.

Affliction had all names and no creations... it failed. Local shows have all creations and no names... theres a reason many fail and none are on TV.... no ratings.

Lurker99 - Bellator's strategy works, that is why.

i agree it would be ok if they want to mix in a few old ufc guys, but the ufc guys are headlining all their cards...they are the centerpiece....the ufc's throwaways....that automatically diminishes bellator's brand as second rate

Only ratings and profitability matter. I don't know how the calculations look on the latter, but the cards headlined by Tito, Shamrock, Gracie, etc. have done very solid numbers. Coker knows.

gokudamus -

i agree it would be ok if they want to mix in a few old ufc guys, but the ufc guys are headlining all their cards...they are the centerpiece....the ufc's throwaways....that automatically diminishes bellator's brand as second rate
They arent centerpieces, they are Tent Poles!!

War Coker, fuck the Egg

gokudamus - 

I wouldn't consider Rory Macdonald a throw away.

Rory beat the brakes off Tyron, the current UFC WW champ...he also DESTROYED Nate Diaz, one of the UFC's biggest stars.

WHAT DOES THAT MAKE BEN ASKREN?

I like Bellator offering Rory lucrative contract that Ufc can't/won't match financially. And Phil Davis.  These guys have great potential.  I can't say the same for ryan bader or josh koscheck.

Stick to overpaying the guys with potential and top 10 talent

More like a recycling center.

Shanebone - I don't give a fuck what anyone says, bellator is entertaining as hell. I enjoy watching it and so do my friends. They're all still martial artists and human beings with amazing sets of skills. If you're as big a fight fan as me, you don't give two shits if it's the top organization or not, you love to watch for the action and not the names.

You maybe right , but I find it tough to follow 2 orgs and know all their fighters and champions

im a huge NHL fan but I'm not gunna follow the ahl or khl  aswell 

LittleJoeMama - Rory beat the brakes off Tyron, the current UFC WW champ...he also DESTROYED Nate Diaz, one of the UFC's biggest stars.

hes 3-3 in his last 6 and its quite possible that robbie stole his soul...

AnotherDecision - 

WHAT DOES THAT MAKE BEN ASKREN?

a leper

Shanebone - I don't give a fuck what anyone says, bellator is entertaining as hell. I enjoy watching it and so do my friends. They're all still martial artists and human beings with amazing sets of skills. If you're as big a fight fan as me, you don't give two shits if it's the top organization or not, you love to watch for the action and not the names.
Amen

Hate420 - 
Amen

i aint got time to watch all ufc events let alone a couple of 40 year olds humping each other

slicedcity -

You maybe right , but I find it tough to follow 2 orgs and know all their fighters and champions

im a huge NHL fan but I'm not gunna follow the ahl or khl  aswell 

See, in bellator I could care less about champions or belts. I just look to bellator for fun fights. Schlemenko,Rickels,mvp,newton,lima,daley,rory,chandler,pitbulls, etc.. love watching all these guys fight.. I've seen so many krayzie kos and fun fights while watching bellator. I wish they would bring back the tournament style..

Hate420 -
Amen
Vu