Bellator vs UFC

Right now Bellator is struggling to break out into the mainstream and the UFC, arguably, is struggling to keep its fans interested so both have a lot to win and a lot to lose to their competition.

I think they should use this rivalry between the two organizations to generate the interest they've, again arguably, been lacking.

Rather than the two go on making backhanded comments while pretending the other doesnt exist why not "join forces"? They can go on hating eachother and arguing whos business model is better but what if we set it uo like they were two opposong teams? Bellator champs vs UFC champs, who really has the better 145 champ? Whose 170 champ can make 25 minutes seem longer?

The UFC could use Bellator to say look how legitamate our competition is vs theirs and conversely Bellator is bound to win a few and could proclaim that they are every bit as talented. I feel like this could generate a lot of interest, endless storylines and would motivate both sides to improve their respective brands to keep uo with the competition. Phone Post

We all win when there is competition Phone Post 3.0

Like when the nWo invaded the WWE?? Phone Post

2mmafreaks - We all win when there is competition Phone Post 3.0

Agreed Phone Post

As much as I would love cross promotion, this will never happen unless Zuffa buys Bellator Phone Post 3.0

Brock Lobster - As much as I would love cross promotion, this will never happen unless Zuffa buys Bellator Phone Post 3.0
This, Dana has said many times he will not cross promote. And UFC would probably win most champ vs champ fights, maybe bellator would win 1 with chandler Phone Post 3.0

2mmafreaks - We all win when there is competition Phone Post 3.0

Except for the fact that there is no cross promotion and we're left with not being able to see a guy like Chandler (and Alvarez) fight the rest of the top competition. It happened during Pride, StrikeForce and now Bellator.

I'm all for having some other good leagues as options for fighters but when theres too many big fish in this small pond of MMA then there are definitely drawbacks.

Kim Winslow must be reffing this fight because it should have been stopped after Bellator announced the TNA co-promotion plans. Bellator is obviously tapping out of any contest to be considered the major MMA promotion.

And I know I'm missing the point of this thread, but this post came into my head after reading the title and I'm committing to it. Phone Post

UGCTT_EnderTL - 

Kim Winslow must be reffing this fight because it should have been stopped after Bellator announced the TNA co-promotion plans. Bellator is obviously tapping out of any contest to be considered the major MMA promotion.

And I know I'm missing the point of this thread, but this post came into my head after reading the title and I'm committing to it. Phone Post

VU for sticking to your guns. Gave me a chuckle anyways.

I just look at bellator as the new strikeforce. Phone Post 3.0

It wishes it was strike force Phone Post 3.0

Carrtrouble - 

Right now Bellator is struggling to break out into the mainstream and the UFC, arguably, is struggling to keep its fans interested so both have a lot to win and a lot to lose to their competition.

I think they should use this rivalry between the two organizations to generate the interest they've, again arguably, been lacking.

Rather than the two go on making backhanded comments while pretending the other doesnt exist why not "join forces"? They can go on hating eachother and arguing whos business model is better but what if we set it uo like they were two opposong teams? Bellator champs vs UFC champs, who really has the better 145 champ? Whose 170 champ can make 25 minutes seem longer?

The UFC could use Bellator to say look how legitamate our competition is vs theirs and conversely Bellator is bound to win a few and could proclaim that they are every bit as talented. I feel like this could generate a lot of interest, endless storylines and would motivate both sides to improve their respective brands to keep uo with the competition. Phone Post

I think what you mean is Bellator is good for the UFC because it gets the feds off their ass with the Monopoly talk

If Bellator really wants to compete with the UFC, the only option is to team up with the culinary union.

luctaro -
Carrtrouble -  Right now Bellator is struggling to break out into the mainstream and the UFC, arguably, is struggling to keep its fans interested so both have a lot to win and a lot to lose to their competition.

I think what you mean is Bellator is good for the UFC because it gets the feds off their ass with the Monopoly talk

Lol noooo and how anyone could reach such a conclusion is beyond me Phone Post

LokiTheJester - If Bellator really wants to compete with the UFC, the only option is to team up with the culinary union.
The last thing they want to do us pick a fight with the UFC by joining forces with the CU. Every show they try to have from that point forward could be impacted and a smear campaign regarding low pay, inconsistent drug testing, legal cases where it is perceived they have wronged fighters, etc. could ensue, creating bad publicity for Bellator, Spike and Viacom. They need to mind their own business on this one, IMO.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

CindyO - 
LokiTheJester - If Bellator really wants to compete with the UFC, the only option is to team up with the culinary union.
The last thing they want to do us pick a fight with the UFC by joining forces with the CU. Every show they try to have from that point forward could be impacted and a smear campaign regarding low pay, inconsistent drug testing, legal cases where it is perceived they have wronged fighters, etc. could ensue, creating bad publicity for Bellator, Spike and Viacom. They need to mind their own business on this one, IMO.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

How would joining with the union help them?  Everything the union goes after them for Bellator does.

Imagine Union going after the UFC by playing Rampage videos when Page is a Bellator fighter.

WHat are they gonna do, say UFC fighters make rape jokes, ever heard of War Machine? 

What are they gonna talk about?  Low pay, ever see what Bellator pays some of their fighters despite being owned by Viacom.

Everything the union would attack the UFC on Belltaor has the same issues so they would look pretty stupid, both of them. 

JROTT - 

Like when the nWo invaded the WWE?? Phone Post

Do you know how dope it would be if Bjorn just waltzed into the UFC cage in the middle of the main event, asked for a mic and started referring to his org as 'nWo' and challenged Dana to a NHB match during the next Fox Sports event. The winner gets the other's company while the looser....well...the looser will be buried alive by the Undertaker.

I. would. shit. all. over. my. living. room.

A fight between Bellator and the UFC would go worse than Anderson v Forrest Phone Post 3.0

Bellator vs. UFC would generate as much interest as a European basketball league vs. NBA. Nobody would give a shit because nobody watches Euro b-ball.

I don't really understand anyone's interest in Bellator. It's the equivalent of watching minor league baseball or basketball. There's more intrigue in WSOF (Newell, Fitch, Burkman, Spong) than in Bellator.