Ben Henderson vs. Jim Miller

Does anybody know of this fight in August.

This shit will be great.

If Jim Miller wins-Dana can't ignore him any longer.

He should have gotten his shot already, IMO.

Bendo looked good in the Bocek fight..

But Miller is a tough fight for anyone.

There are lots of exciting things happening in LW right now.

Should be a one sided beatdown by Jim Miller. Can't wait to see it!

Signed,
the thinking MMA fan

What is purpose of this sarcasm?

Bendo is a big dude for a light weightclass like 155lbs, saw him in person and shook his hand in 2007 or 8 and he was much thicker than me, I was a solid 165lbs, he fought at 170lbs that night and was looking cut and maybe 5'11" 180lbs I bet. He probably walks at 175lbs and is 170lbs in fight shape, cutting about 15lbs to make 155lbs, typical size for a elite level lightweight.

So Pettis fight Clay and goes nowhere from there, Bendo gets Miller and winner is surely in contention for a titleshot.

joe k - So Pettis fight Clay and goes nowhere from there, Bendo gets Miller and winner is surely in contention for a titleshot.

I was under the impression that the former was for title contention, not the latter.

Im almost sure on that.

CraneKickedByTheKarateKid - 
joe k - So Pettis fight Clay and goes nowhere from there, Bendo gets Miller and winner is surely in contention for a titleshot.

I was under the impression that the former was for title contention, not the latter.
Im almost sure on that.

Yeah so was I but Dana said something about Pettis being in a bad spot right now.. I'm not sure anymore how this goes down. Miller has definitely earned a shot if he beets Bendo

joe k - 
CraneKickedByTheKarateKid - 

Im almost sure on that.

Yeah so was I but Dana said something about Pettis being in a bad spot right now.. I'm not sure anymore how this goes down. Miller has definitely earned a shot if he beets Bendo
I think he means if Pettis loses then he loses his title shot, which he originally had to begin with. Kind of like Rashad waiting to fight. Either way, both fights are exciting and whoever gets the shot, i'm excited to see what happens.

Chris Black - I thought Bocek beat Jim Miller when they fought, so do the majority of fans.

No, the majority of people don't think Bocek won, the vocal minority do. What was his second winning round? There's a reason if you take the scorecards from the judges and the top results for "UFC 111 Play by Play" only one of nine cards is for Bocek, and that's because for two of three rounds he was outstruck and outgrappled.

Miller beat bocek in a close fight. End of story. If you dont understand that you really dont understand how fights are scored.

Bendo is a very good fighter, but he is tailor made for Miller. He looks to engage and fight as does Jim, but he doesnt hit hard enough to get the KO, and on the ground he will be scrambling for his life.

Miller by sub less that 1/2 through the fight.

Miller by tko or sub in the 3rd Phone Post

I vote Miller for the best fighter with the least respect. He beats Bocek every casual ignorant fan crys foul with no actual argument just that it was "home cooking". Tibau is way too big for Miller then Miller man handles him. Oliveira opens as a favorite!?!?! Due to his impressive BJJ Miller subs him out. Shalorus is going to take Miller apart on the feet and Miller TKO's him. Henderson will be more of the same. Miller by how he feels like ending it.

fight makes sence

Miller has experience beating better competition, but Hendo is a tough mofo.

I am happy to see a good fight.

Both tough guys and well rounded! Fan of both! Phone Post

I don't think any of these four guys are ever very far from a title shot in the LW division. There's so much talent there that a loss to any of the top five guys isn't really a death blow to your title chances.

What an excellent fight, one worthy of being a five-rounder.

Bendo is a very good fighter, but he can't hurt Miller on the feet and won't have anything for him on the ground.  I see Miller looking great in this fight. 

really great fight - I don't know who else is on the card, but this has huge FOTN potential.