MMA Underground Forums

Ben 'Killa B' Saunders released by Bellator

wow what a bummer

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/2/5168396/bjorn-rebney-ben-saunders-released-bellator-mma

When reached to confirm the news, Bellator CEO, Bjorn Rebney, provided the following statement:

"I've been a 'Killa B' fan for years, and Ben’s given 100 percent of his heart every single time he’s stepped into the Bellator cage. After competing in three Bellator tournaments, Ben could never get to the top of that mountain, and as we continue to grow and expand I spoke to Ben and we both decided it was time to move in a different direction, so we provided Ben his complete release"

WSOFs welterweight division is getting better and better. Phone Post 3.0

I hope the "both decided" means Ben said he wanted to move on.

Hope he gets a shot in WSoF Phone Post 3.0

91W209 - Hope he gets a shot in WSoF Phone Post 3.0

i'd like to see him in one fc. would love to see him fight askren

That was kind of shady statement. Ben couldn't get to the top of the mountain, basically saying he wasn't good enough to stay in Bellator. Phone Post 3.0

Bjorn Rebney hates white people Phone Post 3.0

I hate that Ben got cut from the UFC in the first place, but if they would resign Ben and not sign Askren, what a joke that would be.

Team GDP -

I'd watch that fight and no disrespect to killa B intended, but I think Askren grinds him out on the mat. Id rather see him vs Paul Harris because Paul Harris doesn't do well when he gets hands put on him and Ben can definately put his hands (and knees) on him. Phone Post 3.0

Team GDP -

I'd watch that fight and no disrespect to killa B intended, but I think Askren grinds him out on the mat. Id rather see him vs Paul Harris because Paul Harris doesn't do well when he gets hands put on him and Ben can definately put his hands (and knees) on him. Phone Post 3.0

Damnit! double post Phone Post 3.0

Wow...just...wow...

really ?

Bellator Fan - 
MoomBah - WSOFs welterweight division is getting better and better. Phone Post 3.0
Why would the ZUFFA's partner sign him after they cut him? Phone Post 3.0

You mean like Fitch, Arlovski, Russow, Anthony Johnson, Burkman, Aaron Simpson, etc...

I don't understand? Was he ever in a boring fight? Fucking stupid. Phone Post 3.0

ttt for the KILLA B! Phone Post 3.0

1 day ago
Ben Saunders 251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private MessageAdd Comment To Profile  

Pure - It's the height of absurdity for Dana to say that a guy that dominated fighters like Dan Hornbuckle, Lyman Good, Douglas Lima, Ben Saunders, and Koreshkov, should go fight in WSOF.

This is Dana at his worst. Directly insulting the intelligence of anyone who follows or covers this sport with any modicum of serious interest.
Actually we have never fought... 
I think it would have been one of the best match ups we could have had. Considering our styles. I feel it would have been very entertaining, and competitive.

I feel I have the advantage on the feet striking and I believe he has the advantage with his wrestling. But the big question mark other than can I keep it standing or can he take me down. Would be how does the fight go if he gets the takedown.

I am no slouch off my back... I have a black belt from Master Ricardo Liborio and believe in my BJJ game. I would probably be one of the most unorthodox styles he could have faced....

But unfortunately it never happened. I would hope to one day get the chance to test myself against someone with his credentials. I am actually a fan of him and what he has been able to do to people.

Who knows what the future holds.... 

these days... you just never know.... lol :) Phone Post 3.0

FETT_the geek -
Bellator Fan - 
MoomBah - WSOFs welterweight division is getting better and better. Phone Post 3.0

You mean like Fitch, Arlovski, Russow, Anthony Johnson, Burkman, Aaron Simpson, etc...
Don't feed the troll Phone Post 3.0

FETT_the geek -
Bellator Fan - 

Lol, came to say that Phone Post 3.0

He should go to one fc.