benchpress help for girl

she made it :)

she made the 21x easy, she did 51 situps, 10 pull ups and 41 squats to score 12/20

thanks for the training tips here guys

no other girl (15 entered) made it and a lot of them looked stronger and bigger than her
i gues it helped a lot that she was training bjj 4x a week the last 2,5 years

here is a picture of her, she the girl on nr 1
http://kxe.be/dutchopen/dutchopen9.jpg

i pretty proud of her right now :)

Congrats.

"right now she can benchpress 35kg 2 or 3 times"

So how many did she manage to do now as she had about 10 weeks of training to do it in.

Koing

Congratulations.

she did 21x on the exam, in training she did 24x once in the last week

thx again to all

Hey I take it she was pretty much un trained in the bench press right?

As I can't imagine anyone improving a 2 or 3RM and be able to do 24reps at the SAME weight within 3 months.  That would be inhuman for anyone who has trained for at least a year or so.

Again congrats on your girl!

Also any reason why she couldn't hit 24x like she did in training?  Maybe she worked too hard in that week and couldn't do it on the day?

In the last week I would have gotten her to do less volume and just a few say up to 10 reps or so just to keep her going.

Koing

she just went for 21 as that was all she needed and wanted to svae
herself for the next test the folowing days, she never did any weight
training before just bjj

the last 4 days she just did some very light training

I see.

Yeah good call on saving herself for the next days.  But I'd have gone all out but I'm a risky guy :P

Koing

On a guy, they say that he should be able to bench his body weight. What is the limit for chicks? Is it the same?

lil kat,

this is for the fd in antwerp belgium bench press is at least 21x 35kg to score 0/10 and 41x 35kg for 10/10

if you score less thqn 5/10 you can make up points in the other test, if you do less than 21x 35kg you are out

all tests are the same for men and woman
very few woman pass the examns though

Ah ok

If a woman could BP her body weight that is DAM GOOD going imo.

Most men can't do it properly and if a woman could it would be good period.

Koing

(refering to averages and not top athletes of course as they'll do more then men!)