Bengals sign Andre Smith....And he breaks his foot

Sometimes.  Sometimes.......it's just too much being a fan of this team.  I think Mike Brown must have fucked a nun in the ass or something.  God hates him.  The guy is fucking jinxed.

How do you break your foot during non-contact drills?  Maybe because you are a fat, retarded piece of shit.  Fuck!!!!!!!

Are they sure he didn't break his foot prior to signing his deal? It happened awfully quick.

who the fuck knows

It's a stress fracture so...yeah, it was probably a pre-existing condition.

lol. Im a die hard steelers fan and i just feel bad for bengals fans now.

Andre Smith will now eat himself out of the league.

They should have brought him and literally looked at him before they signed him. Anyone that knows they are about to start playing in the NFL (could be at any moment) and just sits around and eats is not worth the time of day, let alone the millions you are about to give him.

I think the agent summed it up when the first thing he says to him is "you're now a multi-millionaire" after he finished signing the contracts. Sickening.

Pretty hilarious how sleezy that agent comes off on the show. Equally hilarious how the owner pretty much told Andre Smith right away how far behind he was and how hard it would be to get caught back up. It was fitting, mere seconds after telling Andre it was time to earn his money the scene cuts to Andre breaking his foot.

Go Cowboys

He broke it out of fear from having to block Dumervil. The guy is going to have a crazy year. They showed a stat that Mario Williams had something like 26.5 sacks since he was drafted, Dumervil was taken the same year and had 25 and we got him in the 3rd or 4th rd. Now he is able to stand up and use his athletic ability to make plays. Merriman better watch out there is a new OLB in the AFC West that will push him for best in the conference.

Bengals 31

Broncos 17

303 - He broke it out of fear from having to block Dumervil. The guy is going to have a crazy year. They showed a stat that Mario Williams had something like 26.5 sacks since he was drafted, Dumervil was taken the same year and had 25 and we got him in the 3rd or 4th rd. Now he is able to stand up and use his athletic ability to make plays. Merriman better watch out there is a new OLB in the AFC West that will push him for best in the conference.

Super Mario has also faced double teams his entire career and brings a lot more umphhhhhhhh in run support...

But Dumervil is one heck of a player!!! I'm hoping Connor Barwin (Texans 2nd round pick) can have a Dumervil like impact as a situational pass rusher this year :-)

LOL...303 will stop at nothing to get the Broncos involved in any thread.

303 - are you prepared for the horrible year you're about to have?

as a steeler fan ...i also feel for the bengals...that sucks for that player and the team

His pre-draft stock dropped like a rock for many reasons. I'm glad my Steelers didn't get him. What a waste.

LgFriess - His pre-draft stock dropped like a rock for many reasons. I'm glad my Steelers didn't get him. What a waste.

you got that right!

we served our time with Jamain Stephens...ugh...

lol

To be fair, Smith was originally slated to go #1 overall before he stepped on his dick.  Brown was probably trying to get more bang for his buck.  A #1 overall talent that you only had to pay #6 overall money.

That said - I wanted them to take Monroe as well.

Bengals strike me as a team who always go for potential without regard to a player's floor. More often than not the players with the highest perceived ceiling also have a more likely chance to hit their floor that is much lower than the player with less "potential".

Andre Smith without a doubt had more potential to be an elite LT than any other player in this draft. But he also was the most likely to bust of the top rated LTs. Using a top 6 pick on him was dangerous and the Bengals are likely to be repeating their same mistakes as long as Mike Brown is in charge.

Yep. Same old sorry shit year after year
I thought we turned the corner 4 yrs ago but noooo

NHBDaddy - Yep. Same old sorry shit year after year
I thought we turned the corner 4 yrs ago but noooo

lol

Lol TRJ nobody is saying that Mario is not a great player, in fact they used him as a comparision to put what Dumervil has done in perspective. Dumervil has always been a smaller DE and I have said since he came into the league he would be an amazing OLB. When they drafted him they were talking about making him a MLB to replace Al Wilson, then they found out he can rush the passer just a little bit so they kept him at DE. At OLB the sky is the limit for him. He also will not choke his girlfriend, of course he could always call Brandon Marshall to do that for him.

As far as our record this year, yes I think we are going to struggle, but not to the point that most people believe we will. I think we will be competitive in every game, I just think that with the teams that we play we will have a hard time.

Our defense is going to be drastically improved. They are so much more flexible this year then they have been in years past. They are using so many different packages of players that they are going to be hard to gameplan for. There was a huge emphasis on getting better at tackling, and getting bigger this offseason. They did both, and look very good.

Brett Kern is going to be a great punter in this league and with an improved defense, and a ability to win the field position game I think we can keep it closer than most people think. Also, I think McDaniels is a very good coach. He has made some stupid decisions in his time here so far, but that is on Pat Bowlen. Decisions aside, the guy can flat out coach an offense. For as complex as his system is we have been able to move the ball on everyone we played in the preseason, this includes chicago. I thought we would have trouble with the basic offense, but the players seem to have that down pretty well. I had/have no illusions of how Denver will play this year. They have a completely overhauled offense and defense, and it takes time to biuld chemistry. I think they are on the right path though, and with the youth of our Oline, WRs, and the rookies we brought in on defense we are going the right direction.