Benson Henderson's fighting background?

I don't know much about his training history or competition background. Is he strickly MMA or does he have a high level grappling background? Great win tonight also congrats Smooth!

Key to victory: Yoga

He was a BB in TKD at a early age, wrestled a THE Dana college and was a two-time All American. His trainer and BJJ coach is Royce Gracie BB John Crouch. Ben Has done some competitive BJJ, his last event was Grapplers Quest 2008 in Vegas where he submitted Gilbert Melendez in about 40 secs using the same quillotine. He also beat Bill Cooper...

www.smoothben.com is his website. He is on there all the time.

thx just curious he has good subs and defense

Bill Cooper? very impressive.

He seems very calm and confident on the ground

he seems "smooth" on the ground

www.mmalab.com

chimmy - thx just curious he has good subs and defense

John Crouch @ The Lab MMA is the key

smooth.. like a nice chocolate shake.

Snuggles - Bill Cooper? very impressive.

extremely impressive.

especially if it just happened within the last 2-3 years.

bill is a pound for pound top 5 american grappler.

Yeah the match with Cooper was tough and close, I beleive it was a 2-1 score...

i became a fan tonight,really classy guy love the WEC it always delivers

He never seems to sweat shit...

He does a great job of staying calm all of the time, but is still able to pour it on when he sees an opening.

His demeanor reminds me a little of Mousasi although their styles are very different.

HULKSMASH - He never seems to sweat shit...

I heard he shits sweat, though. Weird, but much less wiping required.

I'm a fan.

"Ben Has done some competitive BJJ, his last event was Grapplers Quest 2008 in Vegas where he submitted Gilbert Melendez in about 40 secs using the same quillotine."

I couldn't find these results anywhere, is this true? The only thing I could find was Ben winning a Grappler's Challenge tournament at purple belt in Arizona in October 2008.

go to www.smoothben.com