Bent over barbell row question

90 or 45 degree bend - which is correct?

Straight from the legend

3 Likes

There it is there.

Gracias.

There are different ways to do them. That video demonstrates a great version, but it’s not like that’s the only way you should do rows forever

2 Likes

So is maintaining your torso at a 45 degree angle while rowing an acceptable version?

Of course. You can row to your belly button, you can row more towards your sternum, you can grip the bar supinated or pronated, wide or narrow, vary the angle of your back, pause at the top, row strictly or with momentum, touch the bar to the ground between reps or not, etc.

I’ve seen plenty of strong as fuck people doing all of the above

3 Likes

Here’s a more explosive version

1 Like

I prefer the single row as it allows me to focus on the rhomboid squeeze

Here’s the bat wing version.

1 Like

1arm rows are great but one other benefit of using a barbell is that itll help your deadlift get stronger. I’ve never had that kind of effect from 1 arm rows

1 Like

I can’t remember the name of the guy, but in the greyskull linear progression book the author brings up Kroc rows as basically solving a sticking point in (I think) the deadlift for a famous strongman in a similar way.

Is that the power lifting dude?

That’s… weird, frankly. But based on this I looked up his insta accounts and he went from getting 100-200 likes as a strength athlete to getting 10k+ likes on his posts as a tranny. Guess that shows where the money is in social media these days.

1 Like

90 degrees is a pendlay row

45 for the BO row

2 Likes

Depends on your Goals

It will only fuck up your lower back in the long run. Don’t do them.

This guy has zero idea what he’s talking about