Bermuda Triangle: Real or Fake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FuJ5mOV6Vg&ab_channel=BRIGHTSIDE

I watched that the other day after going down a rabbit hole.

That story of the plane reaching it's destination way too early just seems ridiculous.

Fake or at least misunderstood. Probably either nothing or some weird magnetic distortion that screws with navigation equipment. 

Fake af

1 Like

Fake. Just more traffic = more accidents 

4 Likes

The sheer number of traffic that occurs throughout that area every day making it safely through has always made me sceptical. 

It's fake

So many of the disappearances on record are small aircraft and boats. So many of these occured during late summer/early fall.

Doesnt take a genius to figure this one out.

The legend of the Bermuda Triangle is a manufactured mystery, perpetuated by writers who either purposely or unknowingly made use of misconceptions, faulty reasoning, and sensationalism.

Soup Nazi - The legend of the Bermuda Triangle is a manufactured mystery, perpetuated by writers who either purposely or unknowingly made use of misconceptions, faulty reasoning, and sensationalism.

Nah.. pshhh!

Next thing you'll tell me is that lemmings don't jump off cliffs. It was just some sick fucks at disney that wanted some footage..

Here’s a clue - what US government / military activity takes place in Southern Florida just next to the ‘Bermuda Triangle’ , and why would they want to restrict public access to that area...?

I remember the David Copperfield special

I remember a show that explained that if you overlay the Bermuda triangle on any other shipping route you get a similar number of lost ships and planes. It argued the Bermuda Triangle is just selection bias. Its a numbers arguement.

The Bermuda Traingle’s greatest trick is convincing people it doesn’t exist.

I remember years ago a show interviewing insurance companies. They said there was no difference in insurance rates for the area since all of their data did not show significant differences. 

Fake!

BubblesNS - 

I remember a show that explained that if you overlay the Bermuda triangle on any other shipping route you get a similar number of lost ships and planes. It argued the Bermuda Triangle is just selection bias. Its a numbers arguement.

Yep.

Neil Degrasse Tyson has done a good job of explaining it before, and it's pretty much that.

The sheer amount of marine and air traffic over it is going to lead to a lot more accidents/disappearances.

I found the old InSearch Of episode about Bermuda Triangle to be truly frightening as a kid.

Kirik -

Fake af

Fake

The Board Game was great.. 

![](upload://eLSiWXNQvEECN3WAj9DtouZdVxd.jpeg)

^^^

That looks amazing…don’t remember seeing that as a kid