Bernardo x Marcelo competitive roll

One of my fave rolls. I love watching guys at this level. You dont see Marcelo get tapped too often but Bernardo has that insane knee bar from half guard and catches Marcelo at 3:40. Sick setup too. I use this quite a bit since first watching this video.

Anyone have any recent Marcelo rolling vids?

Knee bar was nice.

I was surprised at Marcelo's reaction to getting put in a triangle position, went completely out of posture, reversed, and saved by the bell. I have my theory that I have mentioned on here that people at that high level rarely get caught in triangles so when it happens they freeze up. They "'know" escapes, but rarely use them against high level people in training. Without instant posture, or instant attempt to escape or misalign the body in relation to the attacker, even MG is doomed against a guy like Bernardo.

Great sparring match.

HotSteppa - I was surprised at Marcelo's reaction to getting put in a triangle position, went completely out of posture, reversed, and saved by the bell. I have my theory that I have mentioned on here that people at that high level rarely get caught in triangles so when it happens they freeze up. They "'know" escapes, but rarely use them against high level people in training. Without instant posture, or instant attempt to escape or misalign the body in relation to the attacker, even MG is doomed against a guy like Bernardo.

Great sparring match.
Pretty sure Marcelo tapped the Triangle as well as the Kneebar

To his defense Bernardo is a beast and has a good 40lbs on him

Judge Mental - 
HotSteppa - I was surprised at Marcelo's reaction to getting put in a triangle position, went completely out of posture, reversed, and saved by the bell. I have my theory that I have mentioned on here that people at that high level rarely get caught in triangles so when it happens they freeze up. They "'know" escapes, but rarely use them against high level people in training. Without instant posture, or instant attempt to escape or misalign the body in relation to the attacker, even MG is doomed against a guy like Bernardo.

Great sparring match.
Pretty sure Marcelo tapped the Triangle as well as the Kneebar

To his defense Bernardo is a beast and has a good 40lbs on him

Naw, the round ended. But there was no way out of that. Great session. Sick skills.

I can watch both of them roll nonstop. Both are highly technical and smooth

Marcelo has to have one of the most solid bases from any position on top. He seems to like to just hangout in some spots until an attack presents itself and then he pounces.

Later

GOAT

i just appreciate the fact that he puts up all of the rolls and not just the ones of him submitting people

PTA - 

i just appreciate the fact that he puts up all of the rolls and not just the ones of him submitting people

exactly.

anyone have any recent rolls of his? i haven't seen Marcelo roll in a new vid in awhile. this one is over a year

Judge Mental - 
PTA - 

exactly.

anyone have any recent rolls of his? i haven't seen Marcelo roll in a new vid in awhile. this one is over a year

lol sign up on the site and you'll see plenty

Hunter V - 
Judge Mental - 
PTA - 

exactly.

lol sign up on the site and you'll see plenty

nah. just post some.

LOL it never ceases to amaze that people in bjj bitch about lack of money for stars and legends, then are too cheap to actually support those same peoples quality work.

Anyone have any details to the 2:48 choke.. I get it on some but some stubborn guys will not tap...It kind of is like a wrestling pinning combo but I bet the secret is in the grip...

Hunter V - LOL it never ceases to amaze that people in bjj bitch about lack of money for stars and legends, then are too cheap to actually support those same peoples quality work.
Do you subscribe to MG in Action?

Cool choke by Marcelo!  Great Attacks by Bernardo! Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you...

That kneebar from half guard: I believe in the year prior to Bernardo winning double gold at the Mundials (2015) Bernardo finished 7 out of 15 matches at the highest level with it, so it is a totally legitimate, not flukey, technique!

Stephan Kesting - 

Cool choke by Marcelo!  Great Attacks by Bernardo! Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you...

That kneebar from half guard: I believe in the year prior to Bernardo winning double gold at the Mundials (2015) Bernardo finished 7 out of 15 matches at the highest level with it, so it is a totally legitimate, not flukey, technique!

Far from Flukey! The dude is a legit badass. I don't think I see anyone give Rodolfo more grief in a match than Bernardo. I love watching those guys go at it.

He teaches that knee bar online in a vid somewhere. Ill try and find it today