Bernie Madoff is s scumbag but Jordan Belfort is a

Cool dude apparently. 

Or at least that's the vibe I get from people on here. 

Belfort ratted on his friends, has done nothing to pay back those he paid off. 

I have no idea why his name doesn't incite a similar amount of hate. 

Weren't he and his friends all rats and lowlifes?

pharochuck - 

Weren't he and his friends all rats and lowlifes?

Which one are you talking about?

Belfort's crew were a bunch of upjumped petty crooks. Madoff's team were a bunch of Ivy League scumbags. They all deserved the noose.

The movie was cool...but I don't think anyone thinks Belfort is anything but a crook.

Mit - The movie was cool...but I don't think anyone thinks Belfort is anything but a crook.

That's the problem the movie almost made Jordan like able. Sometimes people think it's not a big deal if they are scamming other rich people compare to the avg Joe. 

People on the OG have a hard on for Leo.

Borgata Grille -

$65 billion vs. $200 million. Both are fucked amounts, but $200 million can at least start to be figured out.  $65 billion is US government defense program territory.

Belfort also lived an OG lifestyle. Fucked new high class skanks everyday, had a 10 for a wife (according to the movie anyway), partied all the fucking time, and lived an awesome decadent life.  Madoff (at least comparatively) was just an old boring ass man.

Also, I think it's naturally just easier for us to blame the victims of a pump and dump than a Ponzi scheme. 

I think that sums it up pretty nicely

Z NEDCMK1 - 
lionsoul - 

People on the OG have a hard on for Leo.

You are a mudnamer now?

Everything OK?

Ha! I have been on a mudname protest vote for a while.

I purchased blues for many years.

But until they fix the app and site... I will remain a mud.

That said - I have had the benefit of being gifted blue names before.

Belfort belfort was able to sensationalize his story with drug use , partying and baller status and that's what his story became about rather than his other criminal activity, just watch the movie.

Its why people love the character in scarface, they love watching somebody go balls to the wall on a sinking ship.

shaqitup -

Belfort belfort was able to sensationalize his story with drug use , partying and baller status and that's what his story became about rather than his other criminal activity, just watch the movie.

Its why people love the character in scarface, they love watching somebody go balls to the wall on a sinking ship.

Oh there is no doubt that Jordan had the cooler lifestyle of the two. Just that OP wants to know why Jordan gets a pass vs Bernie. Of course Bernie stole more than Jordan.