Best 16 oz gloves for beginner

I've been training boxing for a couple months and have been using my brothers Ringside 16 oz gloves which are great in terms of protection and padding but difficult to take on and off during group classes (it has a Velcro part and another strap that gets pulled over the Velcro on the wrist area)

Looking for new 16 gloves and so far the everlast and UFC gloves I've been seeing at athletic stores or my gym don't feel as good.

I especially want lots of padding for the knuckles as they tend to get sore despite heavy wrapping when I train with the heavy bag.

Thinking about looking online for a high end pair but would appreciate some recommendations .

Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Olympus or adidas! Use to train in Olympus they are great as far as protecting your hands but if you want a brand name that are good some of the adidas are good beware when sparring with adidas they maybe 16 but feel no different to most 10oz gloves. Phone Post 3.0

Apologies...Olympus don't seem to be a company anynore. Phone Post 3.0

sage77 - I've been training boxing for a couple months and have been using my brothers Ringside 16 oz gloves which are great in terms of protection and padding but difficult to take on and off during group classes (it has a Velcro part and another strap that gets pulled over the Velcro on the wrist area)

Looking for new 16 gloves and so far the everlast and UFC gloves I've been seeing at athletic stores or my gym don't feel as good.

I especially want lots of padding for the knuckles as they tend to get sore despite heavy wrapping when I train with the heavy bag.

Thinking about looking online for a high end pair but would appreciate some recommendations .

Thanks Phone Post 3.0

you don't like everlast? i roll with them because they are tried and true

Just get some everlast or Lonsdale pal.

In the UK there is some good cheap brands like RDX, Blitz and Greenhill.

I just use 16oz Twins I got for Kickboxing back in the day or some crappy 14oz Blitz for doing drills. Phone Post 3.0

If you like the Ringside gloves they make some without the cover to the velcro strap. Try the IMF Tech bag gloves because they'll be easier to get on and off.

If you sign up to their email deals they frequently have 25-30% off coupon codes for their products. Phone Post 3.0

I've had a pair of Cleto Reyes, Rival, and Ringside. My favorite pair was the 14oz Cleto Reyes with the hook and loop. The fit and finish is top notch and they would last forever. However I donated mine to my gym because the smell eventually got to me. There isn't much padding over the knuckles but you'll eventually get used to it. They also make extra padded ones over the knuckles or you can get up to 20 oz.

The Rival and Ringside are also nice but the seams in the lining was a bit rough and wore my skin out after a few rounds on the bags. I'm sure my girly hands will get used to it after a while but that didn't happen with my Cleto Reyes. Phone Post 3.0

I personally think we should all be wearing bigger than 16oz for sparring and paired drills, especially if you're inexperienced. That's just my opinion.

However, im not wearing them if you're not!!! Phone Post 3.0

sage77 - I've been training boxing for a couple months and have been using my brothers Ringside 16 oz gloves which are great in terms of protection and padding but difficult to take on and off during group classes (it has a Velcro part and another strap that gets pulled over the Velcro on the wrist area)

Thanks Phone Post 3.0
Main concern bag/glove work or sparring/competition? Phone Post 3.0