Best affordable off road vehicles

What's your opinion of a good off-road vehicle? If you could spend 30k or so what would you buy?

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Depending what country you're in I'd say G wagon, land cruiser, defender 90, or about any land or range rover. All the Americans will tell you wrangler. Phone Post 3.0

Rzr 1000 hilifter. Phone Post 3.0

The Mitch Mitchell Experience - Jet ski Phone Post 3.0

Vote up. I literally laughed out loud and woke my wife up. 

erdoc1983 -
The Mitch Mitchell Experience - Jet ski Phone Post 3.0

Vote up. I literally laughed out loud and woke my wife up. 

I smiled and breathed sharply out of my nose Phone Post 3.0

A donkey. Phone Post 3.0

bigtree421 - Suzuki samurai Phone Post 3.0

I'm not being a smart ass, are these really good or a joke? I was looking at an older land cruiser just for shits and giggles. Have a Silverado z71. I don't really have to have a truck though.

Defender Phone Post 3.0

Build Samurai or 80's straight axle Yota.

$30k is affordable? If you want a 4x4 that will go ANYWHERE for the least amount of money the answer the the XJ Jeep Cherokee. I can't think of a more economical option if you truly want to be able to do the most hardcore shit out there. Also, a stock one will go almost anywhere and they are cheap as fuck and everywhere. This vehicle needs more recognition for how awesome it is. 

Depends on where you're going to be off roaring. But for 30k you can build a very capable rig with solid axles, electronic/air lockers, a freshly rebuilt V8, transmission and transfer case, high strength u joints all around, etc. unless you're talking about a stock vehicle. Phone Post 3.0

Deuce and a half?

I wouldn't need 30k with a Jeep Cherokee and I would have all the 4x4 I could ever need. 

Only downfall with an XJ is that they're a unibody.

My Cherokee. Just finished a slick little lower control arm swap with a WJ. Phone Post 3.0

HillWilliam - Only downfall with an XJ is that they're a unibody.
Yes and no. Makes for a lighter frame and a somewhat softer ride although lots of aftermarket help for stiffening it up. Phone Post 3.0

75 k5 blazer.

In Hs my best friend and I bought one of these for a fuck around vehicle. There was nothing that we wouldn't tackle with this bad boy. Everything from deep mud, Dutch jumping and hauling ass across freshly plowed fields. We tipped the thing on its side and just flipped it back over with a tractor and continued to have fun. After 3 years of HS hell we ended up burning it at our senior party. Phone Post 3.0

Jack Furious - mid 80's toyota 4x4
This. The old 4 runners are beasts. Phone Post 3.0

I'm digging the Cherokee! Thank you guys. Last thread I made about cars I ended up getting a Porsche 911s. I always appreciate the advice and humor here. I'm not a smart guy when it comes to cars.