Best Authentic Mexican Food?

We all know you can walk into any Mexican restaurant, say 'Carne Asada', and walk out happy. What about the other stuff white people like me don't know about? Do I get a cow cheek torta? Beef tongue?

I'm putting chicken mole on the list. Slow cooked mole is pretty amazing.

Chili Rellenos - hard to find good ones that are not home made.
Posole
Sopes
Gorditas
Chilaquiles
Ceviche

Source: married to a Mexican. Phone Post 3.0

Good mole is my favorite... I judge smaller places by their chili verde and tortas. Phone Post 3.0

Al Pastor. If done correct is like a next level experience.

Agua Chile(like Ceviche) is really good.

Pork Posole

Tortas Ahogadas Phone Post 3.0

chips and guac

There is this place in my hometown called taco bell. The cheesy gordita crunch with the cool ranch dorito shell is delicious and as authentic as it gets. Phone Post 3.0

My Mexican girl's mom makes some banging tamales and ceviche, in addition to the crane asada. I haven't tried the rest yet because I've only met her a couple times. The homemade tamales take forever to make. I was grateful.

She also says you need to make homemade tortillas and not the store bought crap. I do not argue because I don't speak Spanish but I'm white and somewhat lazy. Phone Post 3.0

Heading to Juarez next week so if I am able to keep my head attached I'll snap some photos from some places we are planning to eat at Phone Post 3.0

Tripas Phone Post 3.0

Tamales are the most overrated food on the planet. Phone Post 3.0

Mexican seafood. Phone Post 3.0

Pastor
Carnitas

Here is what I tell white people. If your choices are "beef or chicken", then it's not authentic. Phone Post 3.0

Elotes is the best corn ever.

Carnitas

Another vote for posole also.

rmenergy - Al Pastor. If done correct is like a next level experience.

Agua Chile(like Ceviche) is really good.

My god I love al pastor. Phone Post 3.0

Anybody in So Cal needs to go to Javier's Cantina. They've got one in Newport Beach and Irvine. Also Vegas and Los Cabos, Mexico.

It's a high end authentic mexican restaurant. Best mexican food I have ever had hands down. Not even close.

Never been to the Vegas or Mexico one. The one in Newport is the best and is a flocking ground for some of the finest tail in orange county. Both have two awesome bars. Phone Post 3.0

TraneByDayJREbyNightAllDay - Anybody in So Cal needs to go to Javier's Cantina. They've got one in Newport Beach and Irvine. Also Vegas and Los Cabos, Mexico.

It's a high end authentic mexican restaurant. Best mexican food I have ever had hands down. Not even close.

Never been to the Vegas or Mexico one. The one in Newport is the best and is a flocking ground for some of the finest tail in orange county. Both have two awesome bars. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, going to a chain restaurant is always where you get "Authentic" stuff.

Anything you make yourself with love dedication and care

I can out cook any Mexican gramma. With her 7th generation birria. Just because I care. No disrespect imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery when it comes to cooking.

I know I didn't really add anything so I will just say get used to cooking and using pork lard. I guess that's my one tip that works for most things Mexican. Also always try to make your salsa/chile fresco OE your pico as fresco as possible

Cow cheeks are fucking good. Like a really seasoned Swiss steak almost. Phone Post 3.0

birria
panuchos
nopales
coca-cola steak