Best Bellator card this year is July 31

Pitbull vs McKee is the GP finals and a title fight featuring the promotions most decorated champion but also the biggest fight featuring homegrown talent Bellator has held in the history of the promotion.

Personally, Pitbull vs McKee is my favorite Bellator fight ever (on paper) and it is the finals I was hoping for.

The Mamedov, Magomedov, Sanchez and Yamauchi fights are also good and they say U. Nurmagomedov is someone to really keep an eye on in the coming years.

Bellator 263 Quick Card

1 Like

Nice

I see UFC and this Bellator card start at the same time, both main cards start at 9 pm next Saturday. Have not seen Bellator go head to head with UFC in forever. Wonder how long they leave the ESPN+ replays up after the event because Iā€™m watching the Bellator main card and likely just watching the UFC main event as the cards not interesting IMO.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been looking forward to Pitbull vs McKee for what feels like 2 years now. I honestly didnā€™t think McKee had much chance to beat Caldwell and he smoked him. Iā€™m not a fan but he is legit. Also, Pitbull by TKO round 3

Damn I couldā€™ve got free tickets to this

Yaas

Iā€™m gonna be there with former UGer garrote. Yes, its a date.

Iā€™m looking forward to this entire main card. Canā€™t say that about Bellator too often. Its just filled with FW/LW talent. Been wanting to see main cards like this from the UFC that just focus on one or two of the best weight classes but they never do it.

Jon Jones / Joshua Jones

Big Mac / Big Mick

Sanchez is usually in fun wars, Usman has a lot of hype behind him so Iā€™ll watch, Mamedov is 19-1 and submitted PFL champ Schulte not too long ago in that promotion. Gonzalez was a high level greco guy who is at Alpha Male and recently had a good scrap with Tokovā€™s little brother who is tough everywhere like all them combat sambo guys. Yamauchi has been called a poor manā€™s Charles Oliveira because he has 20 subs in 25 wins but in his five loses he has never been finished. Aggressive submission game, fun to watch.

Bellator doing a great job of recruiting all those prospects from Russia and Khabibā€™s camp.

They also have that one guy who beat Petr Yan. Magomed Magomedov.

I think the only time I can recall off the top of my head that the UFC did this was UFC 146 which was an all Heavyweight main card and it was a huge success. Youā€™re right I think they need to do way more of this where they feature a division or two and focus on it. It appears to make them fight even better with more implications.

UFC 146 had 5 Heavyweight Main Card Fights with 5 Finishes

-Dos Santos TKOā€™d Mir in HW Title Main Event
-Cain Velasquez TKOā€™d Big Foot Silva in the Comain
-Roy Nelson KOā€™d Dave Herman
-Stipe Miocic KOā€™d Shane Del Rosario
-Stefan Struve Armbarred Lavar Johnson

5 for 5 on finishes. Huge success. Crazy they didnā€™t do this again because when the heavyweights are on and good it to me is a different animal than all the other weight classes or WMMA. Do it again UFC!

As for the main topic yes it looks like Bellator is winning this weekend over the UFC as they have a much much better main event and UFC card is falling apart left and right.

Really enjoyed that HW card. Iā€™m convinced UFC keeps all their cards blended with the same recipe for a very specific reason.

Each card features 1-3 WMMA fights and then a blend of six of the eight mens weight classes. They donā€™t think their FLWs or WMMA will sell by itself so they are never isolated, you will never get too much of that on a single card, especially a main card, they donā€™t have the talent pool to do HW or LHW cards and then have HWs/LHWs available for the next three months of weekly cards. They always insist on keeping things blended as much as possible. The FW/LW/WW talent pools are huge so they can always fill cards with newly signed guys from those divisions. BWs fill maybe the most prelim spots for the UFC. Look at tomorrow nights card, 3 fights from two WMMA divisions and then the rest of the card is fights from 6 menā€™s divisions. Same formula every weekend, boring as fuck compared to the grand prix format.

Anyway, just a day away from the best on paper fight in Bellator history and their best main card of the year thus far.

1 Like