best book about current financial crisis?

Please recommend a new nonfiction book about the Wall Street meltdown, Bernie Madoff era. I have a lot of time on my hands right now. lol

I want a good read on this subject. Thanks in advance for any serious replies.

SJ

I dont know if its the best book on the subject, but I enjoyed "Financial Shock" by Mark Zandi. It does not get into the Madoff scandal, but it deals with the subprime mortgage crisis.

Coming Collapse of the Dollar by James Turk and John Rubino.

great thread, anyone know of any econ books that explain the different theories of economics ? i know there is a book that just came out on madoff.

many thanks for the info...

surfin joe - Please recommend a new nonfiction book about the Wall Street meltdown, Bernie Madoff era. I have a lot of time on my hands right now. lol

I want a good read on this subject. Thanks in advance for any serious replies.

SJ

Meltdown is probably the best selling one, though I'm not a big fan of the author and haven't read it yet.

This has also gotten some good reviews.

WEB - great thread, anyone know of any econ books that explain the different theories of economics ? i know there is a book that just came out on madoff.

This is a good blog to follow, some top notch scholars on there (especially Vernon Smith).  Certainly going to be more scientific and theoretical than the above books published for the general population.

Kenneth Rogoff's new book