Best cordless weedwacker for the buck

I know I'm not an alpha for not having a gas powered echo.  My son has one that I can use for big jobs but All I really need is something I can throw in my car to weedwack between 2 houses,  just a little trim where the mower can't get.

Don't need a super long run time just 2 10k square  foot yards,   probably 10 to 15 minutes each

I have the dewalt, you would probably need 2 charged batteries, I like it

I've had great luck with black and decker rechargeables for light duty. They are much better than people want to believe because its not a sexy name like DeWalt. Meanwhile Dewalt and the other high end brands' consumer grade stuff is not so good.

I have a ryobi 40v that works well.

2 Likes

Bought a millwakee for my old mans yard cause his piece of shit old one would never start.   Used it once and bought on for my yard.   Haven’t touched my Stihl since.     HUGE yard with retaining walls, flower beds, fences, tons of sidewalks, a 40x 60 shed, and a barn.   Never need to recharge thing is fucking awsome.

All gas ones are cordless... just sayin 

2 Likes

OP’s mom...

Black and Decker weed whacker is good as is their hedge trimmer.  Their blower fucking sucks orca cock.

Kubla khan - 

Bought a millwakee for my old mans yard cause his piece of shit old one would never start.   Used it once and bought on for my yard.   Haven’t touched my Stihl since.     HUGE yard with retaining walls, flower beds, fences, tons of sidewalks, a 40x 60 shed, and a barn.   Never need to recharge thing is fucking awsome.

Yep, I have a lot of 18v Milwaukee stuff, I added the trimmer last year and it's amazing.

I have nothing to compare it to in the cordless market but I can say it kicks ass over my last gas trimmer.

If you guys could let me know if 1 or 2 batteries would be enough for 1 yard I'd appreciate it.  I dont know about where you live but ethanol fucks 2 stroke motors here if you dont use them all the time.  I use a weed wacker once a month at both houses

I have the EGO 56V with the carbon fiber shaft, I'm pretty impressed with it.

2 Likes

kkmmnn - 

All gas ones are cordless... just sayin 

LOL good point

Jacinto - I have a ryobi 40v that works well.

Have had the Ryobi 40v for a month. It works well but it definitely takes two batteries to do my yard. If I were to do it over again I'd probably opt for the gas Echo.

Tim Duncan - 

If you guys could let me know if 1 or 2 batteries would be enough for 1 yard I'd appreciate it.  I dont know about where you live but ethanol fucks 2 stroke motors here if you dont use them all the time.  I use a weed wacker once a month at both houses

If you buy the Milwaukee trimmer with the 9.0 battery kit, you'll need one battery for the average yard

Kip Kinkle - 

Black and Decker weed whacker is good as is their hedge trimmer.  Their blower fucking sucks orca cock.

Batteries quit in 12 months on our 18V black and decker.

I think weed eaters need the higher capacity 40-60v batteries.

Our trusty old Stihl still works after 20 years!

1 Like

TzTinkle - I have the EGO 56V with the carbon fiber shaft, I'm pretty impressed with it.

Agree this thing is insanely good. Gave away my echo gas stuff. 

1 Like

White347LX -
Kip Kinkle - 

Batteries quit in 12 months on our 18V black and decker.

I think weed eaters need the higher capacity 40-60v batteries.

Our trusty old Stihl still works after 20 years!

My experience is with the 40V B&D.  Been using the same batteries for 4 or 5 seasons.

Check out https://wwwfaggotweedwackers.com and report back. 

Can you please just weed wack like a normal person and get a gas.

I have the EGO and its fucking awesome.  Tons of power, no fumes, no need to wear hearing protection, and best of all it will self-load new string in a few seconds which is a HUGE convenience.  The only downside is the battery life with the battery it comes with is 15-30mins depending on how heavy the use is, and bigger batteries are pricey.  I also have their chainsaw which is equally good, and all tools have interchangeable batteries.  I'll never use shitty gas powered tools again.

1 Like