Best cup for grappling??

Sorry if this is posted before but I'm only a mud namer so if you could bump a thread for me I'd really appreciate it. Anyway, on friday at jiu jitsu I was rolling with this pretty athletic wrestler when I caught a knee across my testicles.

He was in my guard and postured up, then proceeded to do a kneeslide right across my balls. I couldn't really do much because it was so fast and he had my hips controlled so I just had to lay there while his knee slide across both balls. I felt excruciating pain and I heard something pop in my sac. A short trip to the ER and I found out that I had a severe bruise in my testicles and I will have pain even walking and sitting for about 2 weeks.

When I go back to jiu jitsu I'm definitely going to be wearing a cup. Doc said I was lucky to not have surgery. For all those guys who wear cups, whats the best one for a plus sized male? Usually my cups are too small and it feels like someone is squeezing my package. I heard good things about the banana cup and steel cups but I dont think I need anal or steel coverage (i dont do any striking).

Thanks in advance.

Why such a weird shape? Would the LG be big enough? How does it feel?

I wear a Jaco Cup, best investment I've ever made.

I cannot believe anyone would roll without a cup. Or make that, play any physical contact sport without one.

(Coming from a guy who had a hospital trip and days laid up in bed with icepack on sack from lacrosse ball shot to left nut)

ttt

JackFunk - I cannot believe anyone would roll without a cup. Or make that, play any physical contact sport without one.

(Coming from a guy who had a hospital trip and days laid up in bed with icepack on sack from lacrosse ball shot to left nut)

Considering you can't wear a cup in any major competition, I would say there are probably tons of guys that train without one.

Duorok - I wear a Jaco Cup, best investment I've ever made.

I second this. Jaco cup is awesome.

SPoulin 
Considering you can't wear a cup in any major competition, I would say there are probably tons of guys that train without one.

They never check.

It's absolutely absurd that a person can compete in a modern contact sport that outlaws protecting your junk.

The way I see it, let those without the smarts to wear one continue to do so... Natural selection will take care of the rest.

http://sawsports.com/

I've tried most kinds of cups, that's not the problem. I have no issues wearing a cup, its just (some of you guys may laugh) ... that my package is too big. It becomes really uncomfortable.

Are there any specific cups for a big man? (I dont mean im fat, im just well endowed..)

bulletmagnet - I've tried most kinds of cups, that's not the problem. I have no issues wearing a cup, its just (some of you guys may laugh) ... that my package is too big. It becomes really uncomfortable.

haha shame on your big package!

Even with a cup on a hard shot with hurt.    I once got kneed in the groin so hard that everything turned black and blue.   Imagine if there was no cup?

I've never trained/rolled BJJ with a cup or mouthpiece. I've been damn lucky.

I've been using the shock doctor compression shorts & cup for a long time now and love it.

i only wear a cup for competitions but not during training, i've been lucky too

edit: are those jaco cups really that good?

Josh Kinser -  http://sawsports.com/

That looks pretty cool, how is it?

Be very careful with thos saw sport cups. I have heard horror story where they can only support a certain amount of weight until they "squash." enough weight and you'll have yolk in your sac.

I dont wear a cup either.

Not bragging at all but all my junk does not fit in a cup.

I am just careful when sparring or rolling.

Kai Tremeche - 
SPoulin 

They never check.

It's absolutely absurd that a person can compete in a modern contact sport that outlaws protecting your junk.

The way I see it, let those without the smarts to wear one continue to do so... Natural selection will take care of the rest.

Ive competed in everything from the mundials on down and never once has anyone ever checked or even told me one way or the other about the wearing of cups