Best cup for grappling??

bulletmagnet - Be very careful with thos saw sport cups. I have heard horror story where they can only support a certain amount of weight until they "squash." enough weight and you'll have yolk in your sac.

Serious? more info...I have large testicals...how much weight can they support?

pudzian - 
NCAA92 - 
bulletmagnet - Be very careful with thos saw sport cups. I have heard horror story where they can only support a certain amount of weight until they "squash." enough weight and you'll have yolk in your sac.

Serious? more info...I have large testicals...how much weight can they support?

get the carbon fibre one, its pricy but if u wanna protect your nuts get it

Link?

I initially liked the idea of compression shorts, but in practice I found that the pocket in the compression shorts prevents my junk from fitting in the cup. But with only a strap the cup moves around to much. So I use a strap and compression shorts, without using the pocket in the shorts. Works pretty good.

pudzian -

your opponent will know straight away if ur wearing a cup and one simple nod to an official and your out so i wouldnt risk it.

i might wear a modified carbon fibre discrete cup, after reading these crazy stories.

Just a nod? Wow, that's incredible.

...Oh, you have 112 posts. Never mind.

pudzian - 
BUFFGEO - 
Kai Tremeche - 
SPoulin 
Considering you can't wear a cup in any major competition, I would say there are probably tons of guys that train without one.

They never check.

It's absolutely absurd that a person can compete in a modern contact sport that outlaws protecting your junk.

The way I see it, let those without the smarts to wear one continue to do so... Natural selection will take care of the rest.

Ive competed in everything from the mundials on down and never once has anyone ever checked or even told me one way or the other about the wearing of cups

your opponent will know straight away if ur wearing a cup and one simple nod to an official and your out so i wouldnt risk it.

i might wear a modified carbon fibre discrete cup, after reading these crazy stories.

I dont weare a cup anyway I just never heard of any of this, i was just wondering

Frankly, i cant see how the hell you guys grapple with cups on anyways! LOL

i have the shockdoctor compression shorts, dont really wear em much anymore, they shift around too much and a 1/4inch in the wrong way n someone tryin to pass guard n boom ur nut gets squashed n you feel like ur gonna puke

i also have 2 jocks with compression shorts that i wear over the top, this keeps everything in place alot better than the shockdoctor compression shorts

the 3rd type i wear are the jaco compression shorts...this has a big cup and with the straps you cant shift the cup to ur exact specifications, and it WILL NOT move, even a lil bit...if everything i have is clean, these are what i reach for 1st, best protection ever imo

Competitions ban cups?

HELWIG -  Competitions ban cups?

the biggest bjj tournies dont allow cups, say they can be used for a weapon i guess

JackFunk - I cannot believe anyone would roll without a cup. Or make that, play any physical contact sport without one.

(Coming from a guy who had a hospital trip and days laid up in bed with icepack on sack from lacrosse ball shot to left nut)

been there, done that.  Got hit with one in practice when i was in HS.  WEAR ONE!

Danlosdi -  
hold off on the Nutty Buddy, i am actually posting a video review i did of this product with UG member SamboSteve on wednesday, the results were mixed to say the least.