Best customer becomes your worst. WDtOGD?

You own your own business. You have several clients, but one that pays most of your way, & has been a reliable customer for years. You give them preferential treatment as a result. This client fires & replaces management & communication goes to shit, leading to several mix-ups that seriously fuck with your scheduling & begin affecting your reputation with other clients.

They don't pay for 24-hour on-call service but the net result is that is what you are now providing, due to their inability to plan ahead or keep you informed.

After a month of documenting & referencing this problem, it doesn't improve. What do you do?

Note: The old management hired you. The new management is your point of contact. You don't have a direct relationship with the owners/investors.

Dump them, they aren't the same customer anymore.

Start billing them for the additional services, or change your pricing because of it.

PatK -

Start billing them for the additional services, or change your pricing because of it.

This.

I've cranked up pricing on crappy customers before. Pay a premium and stay or leave. Either is fine by me

Mark Phone Post 3.0

hingeunhinged - He knows you're fucking his sister Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

"Start billing them for the additional services, or change your pricing because of it."

Yeah, my instinct is to warn the client of penalties/overtime for emergency services & let the free market figure it out; just wanted some other opinions.