Best Defence to Mount Punches?

In the UFC games all you have to do is catch one punch and you just fall right into his guard.

Frank did a good escape against Enson.

I think he did a few bridges, then slip under

theres a backwards roll into a heel hook thats really cool if u can pull it off

Buck them foreward and sweep them.

I like the escapes sperry does the best.bucking your hips is an effective way to bring your opponent down to clinch if he already has created the distance to punch.Once he is down you really need to over/under grab in order to force him to try to create space.when he pulls away you go for the knee/elbow escape. Just trying to keep bridging him off might save you from getting hit for awhile but its going to tire you out quickly and when that happens, your going to get hit and ko'd.

Depending on position, it is possible to do elbow-knee, not even necessarily using the foot lift, while using your arms to defend the strikes.

the elbow escape works if you dont freeze up the moment u get mounted and start worrying about punches. fisher does it great, leonard garcia did a good job as well vs huerta

ttt

"Can also cover up and let the top guy punch himself out or bridge out when he is punching as his base isnt as solid when he's punching. Course, i suppose you can also get caught with a punch or 2"

all respect to the very knowlegable WasaB, but - i have seen this work somewhat in the early UFC, but if you go totally defensive and let the guy "punch himself out" nowadays, the ref will stop it quick, whether you're hurt or not. passive defenses like that aren't accepted by referees nowadays. also, modern fighters hit 10 times as hard with their GnP, and have just as many ways of neutralizing your defense as you have ways of blocking.

in smaller shows, someimes i had to let the guy hit me, just to show the ref i was trying to do something active to get him off me. if you just defend, they'll stop the fight.

Give up your back, control hands,easily done with cage gloves example [Allessio with Diego on Allesios back 3 minutes unable to submit]

then 1 of these

leg out one at a time,hip up,step over to side mount

Or tripod, shake ,hip up or shake and grab head.

roll through leg bar

Watch how Spencer Fisher does it. I think he's the best."

LOL!

http://lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=2731

Try this escape to heel hook.

Hip up

"But if he were to try to knee and elbow escape, he'd leave his head open for blows - now that's hardly sensible"

You can knee-to-elbow and still cover your face

"Secure the double-underhooks and pull him down into you"

If you want to guarantee you never escape, by all means do this!

Try not to let them get a high mount either.