Best factory audio systems for vehicles

One of the most important things for me in a car is how the audio system sounds. Nothing is better than taking a nice drive listening to music. 

My Lincoln has a THX system in that is pretty good. Not near the top but decent. I have been looking at the Genesis lineup in large part due to the 17 speaker Lexicon system, which sounds awesome.  On par with the Bang and Olfsen system I have heard in an Audi and the Bowers and Wilkins system Volvo has IMO. 

What are your favorite systems? Can be anything from a normal daily to high end. My old Subaru had a Harmon Kardon system that was nice for the age of the car. Bose systems aren't bad but the only one I really liked was the Infiniti version on their flagship sedan that have speakers in the seats. The newer Lincolns have a nice system from Revel. 

Music + driving = relaxation 

I was handed down my wife 2016 Taurus SHO. I couldn't say what any thing was but it sounded pretty decent. It wasn't too loud, but sounded nice and clean. I only had it as my car for a couple of months until I totalled it. It was a slick car, I miss it.

Si

1 Like

The Burmester system installed in newer Porsches is outstanding. It's definitely worth the upgrade over the Bose system. 

Mark Levinson systems installed in Lexus vehicles have always been very good.

2 Likes

My HK sounded great new.  Now, it's worn out.

2 Likes
boxing wiz -

I was handed down my wife 2016 Taurus SHO. I couldn't say what any thing was but it sounded pretty decent. It wasn't too loud, but sounded nice and clean. I only had it as my car for a couple of months until I totalled it. It was a slick car, I miss it.

Si

I like those Sony systems. Mine is just a fancy SHO with the THX system. 

BTW, if you ever want another one of them send me a PM. I can tell you everything to look for and point you in the right direction for parts and tunes on them. 

apparently the 23 speaker mark levinson system in lexus is supposed to be pretty nice.

honestly, i stopped listening to music and listen to podcasts now. sound systems are not important in cars for me

No clue what my GTI has but it bumps just enough for a white boy like me. 

The Loge - 

vw had the dynaudio partnership for a few years. it was an option. which model yr do u have?

1 Like
walbjj -
The Loge - 

vw had the dynaudio partnership for a few years. it was an option. which model yr do u have?

2015 GTI S, no optional audio upgrade equipped that I’m aware of. 

The Loge -
walbjj -
The Loge - 

Probably the Fender audio system 

Homelander -
The Loge -
walbjj -
The Loge - 

Maybe but I don’t have the Fender logos on my speakers like the autobahn does. 

Homelander -
The Loge -
walbjj -
The Loge - 

The usdm vw had the fender partnership for the mk7

walbjj -
The Loge - 

I had an 09 Volvo s80 v8 that had one of their systems and it was good. 

Cotton -
boxing wiz -

Si

I like those Sony systems. Mine is just a fancy SHO with the THX system. 

BTW, if you ever want another one of them send me a PM. I can tell you everything to look for and point you in the right direction for parts and tunes on them. 

Someday maybe. I have a 2017 Accord that is my beater/everyday car now. I don't really like it, but it is reliable transportation so I shouldn't say anything negative about it.

walbjj - apparently the 23 speaker mark levinson system in lexus is supposed to be pretty nice.

honestly, i stopped listening to music and listen to podcasts now. sound systems are not important in cars for me

This exactly, my Lexus GX has the Mark Levinson and it can sound incredible with the right source but I listen to podcasts, audiobooks or music from my phone most of the time while in the car. It is an awesome system but really pricey. It was part of a package (isn’t everything on vehicles now?) or I would not have paid the extra. Heck, at my age, all I need is an AM radio because I can’t hear as well as I used to anyway! 

I Have a Mark Levinson system in my SUV and a bose "mobile studio" or whatever tf it's called in my infiniti. 

Both sound great. Bose more crisp, levinson a bit more bass (could be the SUV factor also)

Honestly most newer cars have a pretty decent system in them. 

Not sure but I do know that Bose systems in domestic vehicles are completely overpriced and absolute garbage. Paper thin cones, cheap magnets and even cheaper amplifiers. Not to mention the wiring is enough to make you want to kill yourself. One of the biggest scams a vehicle manufacturer can get over on a person. The exception being early on mustand mach 460 sound systems. If I'm not mistaken the 94-early 96 speakers were premium made by Bose. 

BOSE and it’s not even fucking close.

My older Toyota tundra has a JBL system in it, and it was very good. Even better when i added 2 small subs and amp under front/back seats. It thumps pretty good for an old man. My Lincoln has a THX system. It's good, but not as great as i thought it would be.

I’m happy with the JBL premium sound option in my Tacoma. I get compliments pretty often about it. Worth the money? I doubt it, probably could have gotten something aftermarket that was better, for half the price.