Best factory audio systems for vehicles

Bose and Sony are the two best I’ve listened to. 

I don't know if it's the best, but my RAM has a 19 speaker surround sound system by Harmon Kardon with a 10" sub that absolutely kicks ass. Very loud and crystal clear.

Bowers and Wilkins and Meridian have been the best i heard.  

oranos -

BOSE and it’s not even fucking close.

![](upload://oKpYrj0BTah3fyV2v1Y90wwyFjZ.gif)

4 Likes

I just purchased a new Chevrolet Duramax and not super wild about how the audio sounds. What are my options without replacing the touch screen? Id like to be able to enjoy some excellent sounding music in my new truck

My silverado has BOSE speakers. Sounds good

My windo sticker has nary a mention of the speakers, so I suspect they are cheap but not entirely sure

TFK_Kaneman82 -

I don't know if it's the best, but my RAM has a 19 speaker surround sound system by Harmon Kardon with a 10" sub that absolutely kicks ass. Very loud and crystal clear.

I doubt you have 19 physical speakers as a factory option. You might have a stereo system consisting of 19 components but speakers, probably not. That's a first I've heard of dodge making a 19 speaker system. You probably have 12 speakers not including a sub. The rest of the components are amps and a stereo. Knowing Harmon they are counting each stereo output as a speaker in itself. Which is stupid but I'm almost certain you dont have 19 actual speakers from the factory. 

They got you, they got you good.

Homelander -
The Loge -
walbjj -
The Loge - 

No clue what my GTI has but it bumps just enough for a white boy like me. 

vw had the dynaudio partnership for a few years. it was an option. which model yr do u have?

2015 GTI S, no optional audio upgrade equipped that I’m aware of. 

Probably the Fender audio system 

I have the Fender package in my VW. I’m happy with it.

Unclericco -

I just purchased a new Chevrolet Duramax and not super wild about how the audio sounds. What are my options without replacing the touch screen? Id like to be able to enjoy some excellent sounding music in my new truck

need an audio processor.  audison makes the bit 10 and rockford makes the 360.3.

The audison is pricey, being that it top quality.  The rockford 360.3 is probably what I would go for.  All the tuning is done through an app on your phone which is handy.

I think JL makes one too, been awhile since ive been into this stuff but I think it was called the cleansweep.

Going this route will require professional installation... like real professional installation not a buddy who has done some stuff.  Pretty complex to interface into the factory stereos these days, but still possible.

The HK system in my BMW sounds great

baj54 -
TFK_Kaneman82 -

I doubt you have 19 physical speakers as a factory option. You might have a stereo system consisting of 19 components but speakers, probably not. That's a first I've heard of dodge making a 19 speaker system. You probably have 12 speakers not including a sub. The rest of the components are amps and a stereo. Knowing Harmon they are counting each stereo output as a speaker in itself. Which is stupid but I'm almost certain you dont have 19 actual speakers from the factory. 

Please explain how exactly they got him? The sound didn't change through any of your incoherent rambling

Bowers and Wilkins in Volvo’s are prettty damn good. Best car audio I’ve ever had by far.....

Focal makes some of the best speakers on the planet. They recently got into the car audio game and the speakers do not disappoint.

https://www.focal.com/en/focal-inside-new-kits-for-ford-and-lincoln

BradGluckman - Focal makes some of the best speakers on the planet. They recently got into the car audio game and the speakers do not disappoint.

Focal has been doing car audio for decades.

2 Likes
Cuckoldberry Finn - 
BradGluckman - Focal makes some of the best speakers on the planet. They recently got into the car audio game and the speakers do not disappoint.

Yep I guess I should have clarified. I just see it being marketed a lot more for car audio than ever before . Most people have never heard of the brand even though it’s hands down one of the best out there for speakers of any kind

baj54 -
TFK_Kaneman82 -

Beats me, I just know it sounds good. I have an extensive history with expensive car systems from back in the day, but everything is different now.

Here's from HK website:

RAM 1500

Discover a sound system that works as hard as you do, with Harman Kardon in the Ram 1500. An impressive array of 19 speakers and a 900-watt amplifier deliver powerful, all-encompassing sound that commands the attention of you and your passengers.

BradGluckman -
Cuckoldberry Finn - 

Yep I guess I should have clarified. I just see it being marketed a lot more for car audio than ever before . Most people have never heard of the brand even though it’s hands down one of the best out there for speakers of any kind

I competed in IASCA for a decade so my knowledge of boutique audio brands run pretty deep.  Can see where you’re coming from.

Meridian has been the best oem stuff I've heard.

I work for JLR, and some of our Meridian setups are ridiculous. As someone who's always had amps, components, subs etc. The quality is impressive. 

Cuckoldberry Finn -
BradGluckman -
Cuckoldberry Finn - 

I competed in IASCA for a decade so my knowledge of boutique audio brands run pretty deep.  Can see where you’re coming from.

How could I forget I think you posted  pics sometime ago

![](upload://iP6j2oja8dOO8V4J3QP9N1oQNde.jpeg)