Best Gi's

What are you go to gi brands, weave, weight etc ? Im from Australia and we have a few local brands and just interested what everyone prefers.

The favorite one I’ve owned is an atama. Other brands I’ve had are Vulcan, krugans, Keiko raça, Fuji, strike, live-love-fight, and probably others that I’m forgetting. I don’t think there’s a huge difference among them though - they’re probably all made in the same factory in Pakistan. Just finding the one with the right fit…

Somebody tell Howard to make more

2 Likes

Atama ultra light

Any Americans got origin gi’s ? I think its awesome that theres a company that makes them locally and not import them from Pakistan/china .if Australia had a equivalent id definitely be supporting it.

I like OSS.

If they dont have ripstop trousers, im not interested. Horrible wet heavy cotton ones should stay in 2010’s

I think lightweight rip stop is nice but there is no give when you’re playing guard - don’t like that as much.

1 Like

I like Ouano a ton and Inverted Gear

I ordered an Origin and I didn’t like it. I thought that the material was nice but that the way it was cut and stitched was sloppy. I returned it and explained why (I was polite about it), but they still stuck me with their customary restocking fee.

I love Keiko and if you’re looking for something that isn’t made in Pakistan, Keiko is made in none other than Brazil. Keiko is my favorite. Also, Paula runs the U.S. side of Keiko and she’s incredibly cool and great to deal with.

That’s wesclays wife correct? They are super cool and nice. I used to train with Wes in AZ.

1 Like

Tailored gi’s need to be a thing

I’m rolling with an Origin Main Gi. While I thought it was too expensive at first, I’m seeing based on current wear that I’m going to have this thing for a few years. I waited for Black Friday and scored 25% off with free shipping. Will likely buy a second one this November.

Which origin gi do you have ?

Sounds right. I didn’t know her husband’s name but I knew she has a family and lives in AZ. Like I said, she’s as cool as can be and I love the Keiko products.

1 Like

Wesclay is good man he’s a Francisco Mansur BB but has been under megaton since they’ve been living in AZ and is a generally good, nice guy. His wife is really fucking awesome and kind of like the team mom at megatons gym and is the boss at wesclays gym. She brings in treats for everyone randomly and sets up parties and does all the heavy lifting behind the scenes to keep things moving

1 Like

That’s great, and not at all surprising. Paula rocks.

1 Like

Is Atama still around?

Yes, but on their flagship gi they have the words written on it, “Conquer The World” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I just bought a scramble, only used it once but Im a fan!