Best Glucosamine/Chondroitin

I have been told by ortho that I will eventually need a knee replacement. He said I have moderate to severe osteoarthritis in my left knee.

When I asked him what I can do he said "lose weight and glucosamine/chondroitin."

So, what brand is the best glucosamine/chondroitin that is available?

glc 2000 - end thread.

ElastiJoint from Labrada is really good.....

Hydrolyzed Gelatin (collagen) 5g

MSM 2g

Glucosamine Sulfate 1.5g

Chondroitin Sulfate 1.2g

Vitamin C 990mg

* Hydrolyzed gelatin - Gelatin provides the components of collagen, which is the basis of connective tissue found in skin, ligaments, cartilage, vertebral discs, joint linings, capillary walls, and the bones and teeth.

* Glucosamine sulfate - Glucosamine is a major component of cartilage. It helps the body make synovial fluid, an important joint lubricant, and proteoglycans, the large, shock absorbing molecules found in cartilage.

* Chondroitin sulfate - Chondroitin is a derivative of glucosamine that supports the strength and flexibility of all connective tissues in the body.

* MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) - MSM is a natural, nutritional source of biologically active sulfur. The MSM in Elasti Joint provides the body with the raw materials it requires to support healthy connective tissues.

* Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - Ascorbic acid is added to Elasti Joint because it is essential for the synthesis of collagen and the reconstruction of connective tissues in the body.

Before you buy a supplement, go to www.consumerlab.com and look at which brands tested out okay. Consumerlab tests supplements to make sure they have the ingredients as advertised. A surprising number of supplements don't live up to their labels.

I'm considering subscribing to them for a year to get the full test results. It would suck to take something that didn't have what it said on the label.

http://www.consumerlab.com/results/gluco.asp

1) eliminate dairy from your diet 2) read fit for life
3) read Toxic Relief 4) no matter how much you do now eat a boatload more fruits/veg's and cut way down on meat. As far as G/C supps I used to take Osteo BiFlex 3X when i was doing mma and it really cut down on my joint soreness a lot