Best grapplers in the Carolinas!?!

Looking to set up a pro no-gi superfight or pro 4 to 8 man bracket for local guys from North and South Carolina. Who are the top currently competitors grapplers in the Carolinas? I would love to have a member/representative from the to bjj schools in the Carolinas. Thanks in advance guys.

Gilbert Burns is in Charlotte now at Blackbelt USA along with Fernando Salvador, Fernando Loore and Marlon Vera. Butch Marks from Asheville is a great grappler as well.

Also Chief from out at UNCC but not sure if he is competiting now a days.

nobody41 - Rafael dos Santos with Alliance Greenville! He closed our the Absolute with team member Lucas Lepri at the New York International. Very Very good black belt. He is the one with Cobrinha in his newest instructional DVD

Trained with him before, he is a stud. Don't know if Succuri competes, but he is a stud too.

"Trained with him before, he is a stud. Don't know if Succuri competes, but he is a stud too."

Luis would be awesome but I don't think he competes anymore. It's bad when you roll with him and he talks on the phone and squashes you too. If ti helps we can maybe post some videos links of some of these guys if you are unfamilar with them.

Roger Carroll from Superior Martial Arts in Conover.

Alvin Decker

Jeff Jimmo, Steve Hall, Scott Clawson, and many others that don't include me :)

Steve Hall is a good one!

NittanyLion - Jeff Jimmo, Steve Hall, Scott Clawson, and many others that don't include me :)

sup Darren, I thought about those guys too but wasn't sure who competes nowadays. I know Scott isn't. I hope the family is doing great.

Thx for the link Stryfe. Scottt has a couple things in the works, for sure ready for some more tournys. :-)its been a year since i competed so its about that time again. Just had a lot going on with work & the school. Darren, hope all is well down your way. Oh & FYI my money is on Jimmo to take this if he wanted to! Hes the man.

angry pirate, I really hope the Alvin Decker post was a joke.

I think the thread asked who were the best grapplers in the Carolinas. If someone post a name that someone else doesn't agree with I think the best thing to do would be to ignore it. No reason to be negative or to make someone else look bad.

The list may be better compiled if you gave a potential date of when you wanted this to happen. Also if you are looking for it to be the best grapplers in the Carolinas or the best grapplers from each school since some schools have several stand outs. I think it would be valuable for people to give their opinions on the grapplers or otherwise Reggie Warren jr's name may pop up. Doesn't have to be rude just the truth as already stated. You also have tons of video footage and most of these guys can list accomplishments. Here is a list of the names alreay suggested in the order they were...suggested.

Gilbert Burns
Fernando Salvador
Marlon Vera
Fernando Loore
Butch Marks
Nick Tarnate (Chief)
Rafael dos Santos
Luis Togno
Roger Carroll
Alvin Decker
Jeff Jimmo
Steve Hall
Scott Clawson

4 later

nobody41: You are absolutely correct. There are ways of being tactful. I don't know who the above named person is. I can disagree with someones judgement by disagreeing not by demeaning.

relsonbrownbelt - angry pirate, I really hope the Alvin Decker post was a joke.

lol it was!

I just dont like the guy and was hoping angry pirate was joking which he was. I would be tactful with most people, just not him and a few others.

It is short notice but the the event will take place on September 5th, at in Charlotte, NC at the Elon Grappling Invitational. The pro will be submission only and no time limit. The winner will be awarded $500.

I am trying to find the best group. Of the calls that I have already made, there have been a lot of guys injured right now. I want to get a representative from some of the better schools.

I have not settled on a specific weight class yet due to the fact that I want to get the best match ups that I get. I know I get a 155lbs divison or an 190lbs divison. Are there any guys/match ups you want to see go against one another?

waiting to hear more