Best grocery store coffee?

Have been drinking Folgers classic for awhile now.  I use non dairy creamer (powder) and Splenda.  I'm tired of putting all this shit in my coffee.  I wanna drink my coffee black.  It is just so damn bitter.

I gave up diet soda on the first.  All I drink now is coffee and water.  I make a pot (12 cups) in the morning.  My travel cup hold 4 and I put the rest in a thermos for lunch and ride home after work.  

Not looking for some hipster obscure special order shit.  Just something more mellow.

Dunkin donuts is good from the grocery store. IF you ever consider ordering, try 

http://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

Unpretentious and good quality, plus it is just a plain cool company.

Anything would be an improvement over Folders or Maxwell House.

Petes

Peets or Starbucks.

another vote for Peet's... House Blend Dark Roast.

Illy Petes and Starbucks are all fine, Starbucks being the worst of those. 

Biggest improvement after buying a decent brand is buying whole bean and grinding it yourself. 

Easiest way to do that is buy a cuisinart machine that has a grinder and a timer and an insulated pot built in. You have perfect fresh hot coffee waiting when you wake up. The hundred bucks is so worth it. 

Westrock if you can find it.

TFK_Mas Tisu -

Dunkin donuts is good from the grocery store. IF you ever consider ordering, try 

I second both parts of this.

My everyday coffee is dunkin. Got some black rifle silencer smooth in about 2 weeks ago. Really good, just expensive. I will order more black rifle in a couple weeks.

Newman's Own Coffee for the win

Look for someone who roasts in your area. Nothing hipster about it. They just do small batches so it's not burnt to shit and all greasy. If you absolutely have to buy it from the grocery store get a light roast whole bean and grind it at home. That bitterness you're tasting is carbon.

Dunkin' Donuts is surprisingly good for a $6.50 bag of beans.  I used to get a $15 bag of my local hotness for daily but now save that for weekends and drink the DD for my daily.  

8 o clock I think it it is decent along with Seattle. It's a lot better if you buy whole beans and grind fresh.

For bitterness add a dash of salt to the top of the grounds before you brew . Thank me later.

black89 - 8 o clock I think it it is decent along with Seattle. It's a lot better if you buy whole beans and grind fresh.
This

black89 - 8 o clock I think it it is decent along with Seattle. It's a lot better if you buy whole beans and grind fresh.
8 O'clock is fantastic for store bought coffee.

It's like a budget craft coffee in quality and taste.

If you dont like bitter coffee, have you tried light roasts?  Despite what you may assume, they arent lighter in flavor or caffeine, they just arent roasted as long.  they have very different flavor profiles than dark roasts.  They can be just as intense but the flavors are usually brighter and sweeter than dar roasts.  Personally i prefer them.

Some stores are better for than others, but I prefer where you grind your own beans on that machine.

TFK_Mas Tisu -

2nd for black rifle

Trader jokes dark roast is not expensive and pretty good.