Best gym to learn to wrestle for MMA in Atlanta?

Starting training at TWC...can't lose learning from Arturo Holmes.

Duke Powerhand - Starting training at TWC...can't lose learning from Arturo Holmes.
He is the god father of wrestling in Georgia.
Are you going to the open practices and do you have an adult partner?

It's mostly kids but he does have some big high schoolers

Arturo is the man.

Also Bedard is back in the Atlanta area. He took the head coaching job at Reinhardt college. Their program kicks off next season and he's already got some good kids lining up to wrestle Phone Post 3.0

Arturo called me himself, asked my weight, a little of my background and welcomed me in. Such a cool guy.

He said nothing of needing a partner, just said he guys around my size (182 lbs)and to come on in.

STOKED.

Also awesome to hear Bedard is back, do you know if he has college kids at The Compound? If so which location?

Bedard won't be at the compound, he's coaching at Reinhardt college. I think it's in canton, right north of Atlanta.

They just started their wrestling program and Bedard is the head coach. I think they'll be competitive very soon Phone Post 3.0

With Bedard I'd have to agree.

Congrats Reinhardt.

Not sure if this is all you are looking for, but Creighton MMA added some wrestling takedown classes to their weekly schedule for adult classes.  I believe it's at 5:45 every Tues /Thurs.  I thnk Tuesdays is gi night and they do judo takedowns, and thursday is no gi and they do wrestling takedowns.

Plus on both nights you could stick around for regular BJJ classes -- several guys with pretty decent wrestling train there -- just depends who is there at the time.  Even NCAA92 has been known to show up every now and then ;) .  Plenty of good guys to roll with in the advanced class that would push you in both BJJ and wrestling.

Thanks Morgz def interested but already committed to training under Arturo Holmes @ TWC.

Duke Powerhand - Thanks Morgz def interested but already committed to training under Arturo Holmes @ TWC.

You been to a practice yet? Phone Post 3.0

ChipW this sounds stupid or unbelievable one...I outright owned two vehicles just a few months ago and flipped my work truck going 55 on GA 85 and totaled it. My sports car was totaled by a big truck hitting it in the DRIVEWAY!

Anyways my new car will be ready next week and I'll be up at TWC, Arturo has been very understanding but it's been a real bummer TBH.

Arturo knows my goals and we hit it off and says he has guys my weight to train with. They focus on a offensive style wrestling with reversals which suits me and my MMA purposes perfectly.

Still stoked.

Thanks for the plug Morgz! I am no where near 182 though LOL Phone Post 3.0