Best instructional you've seen?

Roy Harris bjj 201 by FAR.

Mario sperry master series 1-2
Mike jens combos and counter actually anything by mike is really good and worth getting
Marcelo garcias no gi series is slick, very good
stephan kestings knee bar vid is good as well

this isn't in some eyes but mark laimons tournament tested techs is sweet, its my fav so far and i have learned some of the best moves by the best Bjjers out there

oh and best moves of the Mundials is really good to check out as well and reveiw to pick up some cool moves
later
bjjer

Best set: Saulo Ribeiro, just too much valuable insight IMO.

Runners up: Marcio Feitosa dvd set, Rodrigo Medeiros closed and open guard dvds, and Jeon Korean Judo Master (great grips and uchikomi).

I still want to check out Leo Viera, Jen, and Koga a New Wind. Id say Harris, but I thought it was a little too dull, even though it had tons of info.

I'll have to say Rorion/Royce beginner and Mario Sperry master series I-II

Rey Diego's

Erik Paulsons,killer leg locks

Roy Harris,armbars

Randy Bloom,playing outside the guard

Rickson,chokes

Some of Ruas old stuff.

Rickson has a choke instructional out?

Anyone have info on this?

Its not an instructional,its some of his old fights,good stuff,just my oppion.

maybe she was referring to 'choke'

I only have 2 sets, Michael Jen and Rodrigo Medeiros. Both instructors are great in their own way. For Jen it's the little details and concepts behind it. For Medeiros its a whole set of moves that can be used in conjunction.

andre.. I know you've seen LOTS of instructionals out there. What do you recommend? Gi and Nogi. Thanks.

Rey Diogo - Half guard top and bottom,Dela Riva Sweeps - very good explanation of techniques

Rodrigo Medeiros - closed guard,open guard,escapes,knee on belly - very good explanation of techniques

Cesar Gracie set (very good explanation of basic solid techniques...)

Roy Harris BJJ 101

Saulo Ribeiros set (i think this set is for advanced guys whos basics are really solid meaning for good purple belts and above,just my opinion)

jacketwrestler, it is really hard for me to narrow it down to one. Although I'm biased, I think my instructor's (Rey Diogo) are really, really good. I think that for certain positions, they are the best (de la riva in particular).

Overall, I was most impressed with Saulo's DVDs. I just think they are the perfect set because his enthusiasm and preparation just seems to pour through. If I watch a few of those moves every day before class, I immediately am able to put them into my sparring for that day.

Lastly, the Feitosa set that is out now on DVD (Ive only seen it on video), is another great set. It gives you a couple of moves from every position, but the explanations are so clear that the moves become so easy to integrate into your game.

For best all around game I choose the entire sperry series or the gracie entire series by Royce.

sakuraba's was good because he shows what he really uses in his fights from almost every position.

Submission over position =Tony Ceccine laoh was pretty good,Erik paulson had a cool set aswell.

Gaining positions=Militech was very good.

Ground and pound=Tito ortiz set

Takedowns=Ortiz was very good, Coutures was not bad either but I liked Tito's alot better.

Escaping tapes and guard passing=You cant get better then Jens stuff.

Stand up fighting=Frank shamrock has a good set,also Rob Kaman set/Rufus.

leglocks=Marco Ruas has a great tape on this.

These are my favorites

Rodrigo Medeiros Set from Island! Hands down!

Sperry master series 1. I have the Feitosa set, but I think that the Sperry set is little better.

my fav's,

LEVO - ultimate guard
anything by STEPHAN KESTLING
JENS - 1/2 & butterfly
MEDERIOS - half guard
EDDIE BRAVO - twister

everthing with tournament footage

101 subs
on the mat stuff period
marc laimon stuff
grapplers quest, mundial, adcc ....

It's way cool seeing my tapes mentioned on here next to such legends, thanks guys :o)

Makes me want to get off my lazy ass and do some more haha.

Nathan

Nino Schembri and Leo Veira. I have more but I learned more form these.

Hi folks

FatBuddha wrote:

"1. Rorion and Royce Grace Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced, and Steet Defense Series"

How practical is the stuff in the Street Defense Series? Is it too dangerous to use when rolling during practice?

Mark

hate to hijack but..

i actually DIDNT like stephan's Omaplata tape series. i thought the moves were great, and they seemed to flow pretty well but the main problem i have found with the oma plata is controlling finishing in a way that is secure. i dont think any of those issues were discuessed were discuessed on mr. kesting's oma plata tape.

I like all of Stephan Kestings stuff, I also liked all of Sperry's stuff, as well as Mike Jen's Ultimate Guard Passing DVD, and Saulo's set.