Best Kettlebell Exer 4 Groundfight

http://www.rmaxinternational.com/blog/?p=51

greatstuff like always sonnon, i love your material ,soon iwill get your grapplerstoolbox dvd,,what else do you recommend for S&C for grapplers

I changed the way I do turkish get-ups due to the fact that when I use the "shin-roll" technique, my knees pop and grind and I have a general discomfort. This is not something that I feel can be fixed by simply strengthening my knees. Am I wrong?

Ideologic, that's not wrong. Go with your intuition and check with your doc.

The trademarked model for developing my "personalized peak performance periodized portfolio" (alliteration this complex is just annoying, rather than easily memorized, which is it's purpose IMHO), looks suspiciously familiar. Reminds me of when Rooney ripped off the same pyramid, and said it was a "revolution," for mixed martial arts. LOL!

-doug-

Rooney refers back to Tudor Bompa's Training Factors Pyramid though. At least he did in the articles I have seen.

Why would you recommend NOT doing snatches?

MTG,

What the hell are you talking about? Who mentioned Taku?

Jason,

I'll grant that i only read the book once, but i read that part fairly closely and dont remember him referencing bompa at all. At least he does in his articles...?

-doug-

-Doug-, alliteration aside, in my book on the subject (Three-Dimensional Performance Pyramid) and in my first book on Circular Strength Training, I attribute and cite one of my main influences for the Training Hierarchy Pyramid to Tudor Bompa. Its usage, format and inclusion in the overall (3d pyramid) are different for me than Bompa's. There's a graphic tutorial on my website if you're interested in learning more about it. If this is just another hate thread, well... slag on. No one's forcing you to read my free tutorials.

Hey Doug,

http://www.realfighting.com/0503/mrooneyframe.html

Jason,

Good to see he cites Bompa in the article. I didn't see the citing in the book, but i certainly hope it's there. The lack of citation and blantant misunderstanding of the pyramid (from my POV at least, for what it's worth) turned me off of Rooney's work entirely, and after a thorough reading of the book i've completely ignored him ever since.

Thanks for taking the time to link me.

Scott,

Nice interview on Jason's website. I enjoyed it.

"I attribute and cite one of my main influences for the Training Hierarchy Pyramid to Tudor Bompa"

Good to see you citing your sources for unoriginal content, albiet modified. However, i missed the citing in the one bit of your material that i have read. I don't think it's being on a limb to state that there's no err of mine. As such i don't implicate an err on your part either.

"There's a graphic tutorial on my website if you're interested in learning more about it."

I am. Bompa's pyramid needs greater developement, and i've worked with Taku and others on this very forum to do just that, and with some excellent progress if i do so humbly boast. I'll take a look at your work.

"If this is just another hate thread, well... slag on. No one's forcing you to read my free tutorials."

All i said about your pyramid was that it was "suspiciously familiar." You have confirmed my inquiry, as Bompa's pyramid is quite familiar to me. I don't expect anyone to cite modified content excessively. There is no need to become defensive or insult me. If i hated the thread i would not have responded to it. I would have deleted it.

-doug-

Hey Doug,

Go to google images and type in "training pyramid." You'll get a lot back. Mostly from the business world but there are others from our field as well.

Jason,

I meant i would check out Sonnon's version. I am quite familiar with the training factors pyramid. In fact, i'd say that the vast majority of my theory is based either explicitly or implicitly on the pyramid.

-doug-

missing vid on Sonnon's link :(

ttt

why not snatches?  anyone have a minute to respond to this?

Thanks.  

I partially agree with Scott, Kettlebell Snatches can do quite a number on your wrist and palm. This is one great reason to search down a qualified coach.

We teach a kettlebell Snatch variation called The Short Snatch, you can see our tutorial here:

The Kettlebell Short Snatch

Jay,

Shoot me an email at sonnon@rmaxi.com. I'm heading over to our annual camp in TN and then off to Australia to open two new gyms.

27CF,

It's as Paul and Jason say, there's a long learning curve to develop snatches which don't bruise your forearms, strain your wrists and rip your palms. Most fighters don't want to take the time to learn a complex technique and want to get right to metabolic conditioning. If I include a snatch in my fighter's diet, it's after two prior cycles, first of the swing and then of the jerk. Combined, the movements form the motor template for the full snatch.

Jason's short snatch is a good alternative, and can be implemented much faster than the full snatch.

Please keep me updated on your progress with it!

www.ScottSonnonLIVE.com

Thanx

ttt