best left-over rice dishes

i've just started making arancini as a delicious alternative to fried rice

Inspector Lunge - Arroz con Pollo.
La Pura Vida!!! Phone Post 3.0

Poor enough milk to just cover the cooked rice in the pot and add Cinnamon n Sugar then heat to almost a boil.... Eat with a spoon! Mmmm Phone Post 3.0

Jambalaya.

Etoufee Phone Post 3.0

Brb, using imagination since no recipes. Phone Post 3.0

I've been making a really good fried rice dish.

Bacon
Pineapple
Onions
Peanuts or cashews
Eggs
Fish sauce instead of soy sauce Phone Post 3.0

Add cashews and grapes to fried rice. Toast cashews, and add grapes at end. Phone Post 3.0

A lot of times I'll just take leftover rice and pour a can of soup over it.

Put an over easy egg on top and eat it for breakfast.

If you didn't salt it while cooking, try sugar, butter & syrup.

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Poor enough milk to just cover the cooked rice in the pot and add Cinnamon n Sugar then heat to almost a boil.... Eat with a spoon! Mmmm Phone Post 3.0

Never done it quite this way. Last night we had leftover rice after my wife made coconut lime chicken, so I poured in some milk and microwaved, then put sugar on top. My dad always used to make me that for breakfast and it was bittersweet since it's the first time I've had it since he died.

TFK_Matt -
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Poor enough milk to just cover the cooked rice in the pot and add Cinnamon n Sugar then heat to almost a boil.... Eat with a spoon! Mmmm Phone Post 3.0

Never done it quite this way. Last night we had leftover rice after my wife made coconut lime chicken, so I poured in some milk and microwaved, then put sugar on top. My dad always used to make me that for breakfast and it was bittersweet since it's the first time I've had it since he died.
Sorry to hear about your pops... I lost my dad a week before my 21st Bday due to alcoholism (talk about a reality check) he was only 43. We had gotten in a major blowout when I was 16 (he hit my little bro and I snapped n beat his ass at a family reunion in front of his whole side of the family... My nuts dropped that day) and I hadn't reconciled, he called like a month before he passed and tried to say sorry... I was young, angry n didn't wanna here it... Told him to fuck off... Still haunts me to this day that I didn't accept his apology...I have a RIP Dad tat on my Rib Cage that sort of have me a little closure, but not much! I hope that you n your old man got a chance to say goodbye!!

Try it with the cinnamon, so good!

VU

RIP Poppa Bears Phone Post 3.0

dannyapodaca -
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Poor enough milk to just cover the cooked rice in the pot and add Cinnamon n Sugar then heat to almost a boil.... Eat with a spoon! Mmmm Phone Post 3.0
Mom always used half and half. Delicious. Phone Post 3.0
Will try!!

VTFU Phone Post 3.0

Fried rice, Arroz caldo, Champurado (chocolate rice).....off the top of my head

My grandmother used to take rice and mix it with super-sweet coffee and carnation milk for a hot-cereal-like breakfast

^Add tiny fried anchovies to Champurado... it sounds gross

but the combination of the sweet and salty is awesome

Mas Tisu, are you pinoy?

Mas Tisu -

My grandmother used to take rice and mix it with super-sweet coffee and carnation milk for a hot-cereal-like breakfast

Love Champarado... My buddy's mom makes the best I have ever had! Phone Post 3.0

john76 - ^Add tiny fried anchovies to Champurado... it sounds gross

but the combination of the sweet and salty is awesome

Mas Tisu, are you pinoy?

No, I'm Chamorro (Guam). We make Champurado too (we probably stole it from you guys, lol). Lots of Filipino influences on the Island.

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - 
Mas Tisu -

Love Champarado... My buddy's mom makes the best I have ever had! Phone Post 3.0

Pesc, I miss my Grandmother's champurado so much (all of her cooking). She used real Hershey's cocoa in her's, and cinnamon. Was so freaking good.

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - 
TFK_Matt -

Sorry to hear about your pops... I lost my dad a week before my 21st Bday due to alcoholism (talk about a reality check) he was only 43. We had gotten in a major blowout when I was 16 (he hit my little bro and I snapped n beat his ass at a family reunion in front of his whole side of the family... My nuts dropped that day) and I hadn't reconciled, he called like a month before he passed and tried to say sorry... I was young, angry n didn't wanna here it... Told him to fuck off... Still haunts me to this day that I didn't accept his apology...I have a RIP Dad tat on my Rib Cage that sort of have me a little closure, but not much! I hope that you n your old man got a chance to say goodbye!!

Try it with the cinnamon, so good!

VU

RIP Poppa Bears Phone Post 3.0

I'll have to try it for sure. I think we have some leftover rice at the house still.

I know what you mean about being too young and angry, my parents and I got into a big fight after my wife's first miscarriage in 2006 and I didn't talk to them for almost 4 months. That ended on New Year's Eve when my dad had a massive heart attack. He wasn't expected to live through that, but he did and I made a choice that nothing was worth leaving that relationship as broken as it was. That was almost 8 years ago. He died from cancer at the end of August, and for the most part I feel like I'm doing alright but every once in a while it comes back to hit me. He was at the hospital in Tampa for a follow-up and wound up getting admitted two days before the family got called in. At the time, they thought it was just something like pneumonia and were treating it as such because the scans didn't come back conclusively to say one way or the other. I got down there on Sunday morning and they were trying to convince him they had to do a breathing tube so he could get enough oxygen (he wasn't getting enough and the effects were starting to show). We did get the chance to say goodbye, but he wasn't terribly lucid at all by that time and couldn't talk after having the tube pulled out.

Sorry for the FRAT.