Best matchup of alltime best hw boxers?

Joe Louis vs Muhammed Ali?

Marciano vs Dempsey?

Larry Holmes vs a younger, less damaged Ali.. or Holmes vs Foreman?

Frazier vs Tunney?

Marciano vs Frazier?

Joe Louis vs George Foreman or Larry Holmes?

Lennox Lewis vs Larry Holmes?

I'd like to hear some opinions from the boxing guys on here. UWE, martin, U4EA, Sans Lube, Bobby Loops.

Discuss fellas, who matches up the best in these scenarios?

Bueller?

I watched Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas last week in HD. It was absolutely amazing seeing how hard those two guys were hitting each other in that fight. Each punch landed viciously with knockout potential.

I'm not sure this goes down as one of the best hwt fights by any stretch. But it was two talented fighters banging with power shots all night long in one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

I cant answer you,you asked for 5 specific opinions only.

I like the Ali vs Louis fight and Marciano and Frazier. I got Ali by UD. I disagree I think Frazier busts Marciano up and stops him on cuts. Frazier was just as good at fighting on the inside as Marciano if not better. Marciano never fought anybody like Frazier. I would like to see Marciano vs. Foreman. Big George would kill Marciano. It would look like his fights with Frazier. I don't see Frazier loosing to Tunney either. I'm a big Frazier fan.

Bobby Lupo -
DavidOblas - I watched Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas last week in HD. It was absolutely amazing seeing how hard those two guys were hitting each other in that fight. Each punch landed viciously with knockout potential.

I'm not sure this goes down as one of the best hwt fights by any stretch. But it was two talented fighters banging with power shots all night long in one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

I was a child at the time and I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was fucking amazing. That's the most signifigant fight I watched live. I couldn't sleep that night. It was the end of an era. Trinidad-DLH was the most signifigant beating my wallet ever took. I bet every Puerto Rican guy I knew. It was a sure thing. I still hate Oscar.

I hear you,but dont blame Oscar.

He won.

Bobby, I agree and disagree.

I do believe Muhammed would be too elusive a target for Joe Louis, who was relatively flatfooted in comparison. UD for Ali.

Not sure what the hell would happen between Dempsey and Rocky but it would be a brutal fight.

Holmes vs younger Ali. I have a feeling Holmes might be able to pull out a decision here. Larry had one of the best jabs I've ever seen and could deal with the quickness of Ali.

I take Frazier over Tunney.

Marciano vs Frazier would be an incredible sight to see. I think Frazier could outbox Rocky early but if Marciano was finally able to cut the ring off and corner Frazier, he could stop Joe. Pick em fight.

Joe Louis I think would defeat Foreman in a similar fashion as Evander Holyfield did, beating him to the punch. Holmes.... that would be a tough style matchup but I could see him winning that one in the later rounds, he wouldn't be able to hurt Holmes early because Larry would be moving those feet and sticking the jab.

David, I agree about the Tyson-Douglas fight. Amazing that Buster was able to get up after that uppercut from Tyson. The Douglas that fought that night could give a good fight to anybody.

voorhees - I cant answer you,you asked for 5 specific opinions only.
I'm asking your opinion too

I think it comes down to Frazier vs. Holmes.

Holmes was the blueprint for todays boring ass Klitschkos.

Any great HW is gonna have a hell of a time getting past the best HW jab ever.

The fighters on your list that have the best chance of beating Holmes are Dempsey and Frazier.I could possibly see them finding a way to get inside of Holmes jab and punishing his body,etc.as they wouldnt get frustrated about taking repeated jabs and they would keep trying.

Foreman wouldnt be able to hit Holmes.

Alis' skill set simply doesnt match up well vs. Holmes.Its kinda like Chris Byrd vs.Vladimir(please forgive the comparison)Same w/Tunneys'.But if anyone could find a way to figure out Holmes it would be Ali or Tunney.

Joe Louis?I see him as getting beat badly by many of the fighters on your list.

I wish Holmes had more prime Fighters to prove himself against,because virtually everyone else on your list had that.(except Marciano)

I previously did write ups for Louis vs others here: -

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=15&thread=1412895&page=1&pc=48

And my opinions haven't changed ;o)

I think Louis vs Dempsey vs Ali would be heaven as I consider these three to be the best of the best.

I'd pay good money to see Dempsey or Liston put a skirt on Tyson.

There are a hell of a lot more I would like to see...

Frazier vs Marciano would be awesome and look like two cars crashing into head other head-on in slow motion. I think this one would go into the trenches as neither were fast starters and both were attrition fighters.

Dempsey vs Foreman. George deserves his place in history but I would love to watch Dempsey swarm him and blast away.

Jeffries vs Dempsey.

Jeffries vs Marciano.

Fitz vs anybody willing to trade.

DavidOblas - I watched Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas last week in HD. It was absolutely amazing seeing how hard those two guys were hitting each other in that fight. Each punch landed viciously with knockout potential.

That really was an amazing fight. Douglas loaded up and landed some BOMBS flush on Tyson. When Tyson knocked him down I thought "ok, that's that", but Douglas got up and kept landing those bombs.

You guys are not letting me down, great responses as usual

"Holmes was the blueprint for today's boring ass Klitchkos"

I agree but I really did enjoy Larry's style. It's not boring when he did it but it is boring when I see Wladimir Klitchko use it.

It's also obvious that Larry is a pretty bad matchup for most of the greats, simply because he was a GREAT boxer. A guy that big should not move that quickly, just look at Foreman in comparison.

"Dempsey vs Foreman. George deserves his place in history but I would love to watch Dempsey swarm him and blast away."

That would be quite a sight to see but Dempsey's unusual style would give a slow guy like George nightmares. Of course one punch from George could solve the problem but would he ever get a good flush punch in? Definitely not comparing George to Jess Willard but Dempsey just made that slow giant look horrible and dished out one of the most savage beatings ever captured on film. Did Jack even take one punch in that fight??? 

Yeah,I didnt find Holmes boring he made that style fun to watch.He had more than just the jab,he had fluid head movement etc.

I'll put it this way,Sam Peter wouldnt catch HOLMES 3x.

voorhees - Yeah,I didnt find Holmes boring he made that style fun to watch.He had more than just the jab,he had fluid head movement etc.

I'll put it this way,Sam Peter wouldnt catch HOLMES 3x.
What I liked most about Larry's defense was how he used "minimal" head movement. He would make you miss slightly and he was still in range. 

I don't know if he would beat every other great but I truly think he was the best hw 'boxer' of all time.

^^if anyone disagrees I'd like to know who's better

Willard was amazingly tough and it went 3 rounds so I am sure he cracked Dempsey, who could not only take a good shot but take one and keep coming forward. However, it's not a good idea for anybody to try and take one of George's, even though he wasn't the cleanest of punchers.

Dempsey's "unusual style" was his many talents being greater than the sum of their parts. He had everything George had and much more.

Crucially, his use of range and speed of attack would be too much for Foreman IMO. Foreman liked to stalk/walk guys down. Dempsey would be very happy to wait for the other guy to initiate before going at it. By the time Foreman realised what was happening, he would already be in the minefield. Dempsey would hurt him and keep him hurt. Foreman was never very clever at dealing with taking shots - he would either stand still, walk forward or swing haymakers. None of that is a good idea against Dempsey.

Prime Joe Louis vs. Prime Ali-I take Prime Joe Louis. Very close to being the perfect fighter

Marciano vs. Dempsey-Dempsey but I think this would be a blood bath

Ali>Holmes>Foreman

Frazier vs. Tunney-I take Frazier all day long.

Marciano vs. Frazier-Rocky

Joe Louis beats George Foreman and Larry Holmes

And Lennox Lewis over Larry Holmes

16-10HangEmUp - Prime Joe Louis vs. Prime Ali-I take Prime Joe Louis. Very close to being the perfect fighter

Marciano vs. Dempsey-Dempsey but I think this would be a blood bath

Ali>Holmes>Foreman

Frazier vs. Tunney-I take Frazier all day long.

Marciano vs. Frazier-Rocky

Joe Louis beats George Foreman and Larry Holmes

And Lennox Lewis over Larry Holmes

Man,I disagree with ALMOST all of that.

TTT

Which Joe Louis, though? Joe Louis in his prime or 137 year old Joe Louis?