Best moves of '03 Mundials review

Bjj tapes has done it again. Or should I say has out-done themselves again. The "Best moves of Mundial 2003" has taken competition, and Martial Arts videos in general to another level. From the moment the introduction rolls, you can tell this is going to be an extraordinary DVD.

The DVD is divided into 3 parts; Best Sweeps, Best Submission, and Best Takedowns. There's also nice interlude in between the segments (more on that later).

The DVD is a must have because it works on many levels. For the competition fan, it shows incredible techs. For the BJJ practitioner, it shows the moves that are effective in competition (both the simple/basic moves we have learnt from the time we were white belts, as well as some more advanced techniques). It also shows how the best in the world set up those techniques.

One of the lasting impressions I got from what the DVD was that most of the moves used in competition are the basic moves we've learnt over and over again, and the frequency with which they are used by all the competitors. You see the same moves used successfully over and over again. It really sheds light on you should be practicing, what's important to your game, and what is important to a winning strategy. Even though it's said over and over by your instructor's, the proof is in the pudding, and you see exactly what your instructor's have told you time and time again. The basics are what's important and what works in competition. Not the crazy, flashy stuff that we like to play around with because we are tired of training the same "sit-up" or "L" sweep.

Now about the "special treat" in-between segments. They have added a new feature, the "BJJ TAPES GIRL" (ala gracie girl). A hot little brazilian babe in various states of undress (no nudity for those under 18) I hope this feature continues throughout all their productions. Always great to see a hottie mixed in with martial arts (or anywhere for that matter).

The latest in their ever expanding line is without a doubt their best production. It seems that with each offering, the product gets better and better. There seems no end in sight. No other tape on the market can match the product of BJJ tapes. The material presented on tapes in very important, but for me, the look of the DVD is just as important. There is nothing worse than looking at shitty video quality.

I have it on good authority that over the course of the next 6 months, they'll be putting out a ton of new stuff. I'm saving my money already. Future titles are going to be the rest of the Margarita set. Pe De Pano, Ronaldo 'Jacare' Sousa, Bilbano, Fetosa, Comprido, [possibly] Leozino, and a few others I forgot.

Thanks for the review.

TH

Where would get those tapes?

Check out BJJTapes.com.

Overall, I'm very impressed with what I've seen from BJJ Tapes.

For one thing, their pricing is commendable. Four hours of Pan Am 2003 for 20 bucks is just ridiculous, and a lot of the matches were really good. They only use one camera, so you can miss a little action, but the video and audio quality is outstanding. The whole product comes off really professional and I'm looking forward to more.

TH

ttt

I've ordered many times from them and have never been disappointed.

Thanks for the review. I would also love to purchase laimon's remix tapes from OnTheMat.

hackett -

they use 6 camera's. 1 for each mat

There's only one camera angle for the Pan Ams DVD.

It's still great, don't get me wrong. But if I could change one thing, that'd be it.

TH