Best Movie Artist Ever

His name is Drew Struzan.

"That just happened!"

The second Shawshank poster is amazing, where to buy?

homegrowncone - 

The second Shawshank poster is amazing, where to buy?

I'm not sure. Just messin 'round here.

Cool Phone Post 3.0

in

This too. Jack fuckin Burton.

Is this the guy who painted the original posters or just copies them? If one dude painted all these originals, that's amazing!

Stupidnewbie - Is this the guy who painted the original posters or just copies them? If one dude painted all these originals, that's amazing!

I'm not a big movie art buff or anything. Just stumbled across his name. (Looking at vhs box art+google). He is a talented artist. I think he paints them all original.

Very nice Phone Post 3.0

BJTT-Frank Rizzo - 
Stupidnewbie - Is this the guy who painted the original posters or just copies them? If one dude painted all these originals, that's amazing!

I'm not a big movie art buff or anything. Just stumbled across his name. (Looking at vhs box art+google). He is a talented artist. I think he paints them all original.

I concur with the original question.

If he is just good at copying the original posters, IMO its nothing great, as there are many artists out there with the same degree of skill.

If he is the designer of the originals, well due credit to where its due, they are classics.

This one was done by Bob Peak. Pretty awesome too.

Wahlau - 
BJTT-Frank Rizzo - 

I concur with the original question.

If he is just good at copying the original posters, IMO its nothing great, as there are many artists out there with the same degree of skill.

If he is the designer of the originals, well due credit to where its due, they are classics.

Check this out. From his site.

I hope he did one of Randy Watson, yeah.

Look up Richard Amsel. Below is a link to a great website with a lot of movie poster artists.

http://adammcdaniel.com/RichardAmsel2a.htm

No doubt Drew Struzan is the GOAT, but he's basically a "tracer".