Best movie of the past 15 years?

My vote goes to No Country For Old Men. I’m sure if I made a poll most of the OG would’ve picked that movie that won best picture last year about the gay black kids, but I’ll leave this thread open to all write-ins. I can’t think of a close second to be honest with you. NCFOM was a classic.

Cloud Atlas (2012) is a film thats main theme is ; a persons words and deeds affect humanity across the spectrum of time. A post modern classic

The only bona fide masterpiece I’ve seen in the past 15 years is There Will Be Blood 

The Last Samurai 

I’ve gotta watch No Country again, I saw it when it came out and thought it was boring crap. Never seen it since, I love the Coens too, should give it another chance I guess, maybe I just wasn’t in the mood at the time 

Dreville79 -

I’ve gotta watch No Country again, I saw it when it came out and thought it was boring crap. Never seen it since, I love the Coens too, should give it another chance I guess, maybe I just wasn’t in the mood at the time 

You were right the first time, friendo.

Lego Movie

I'm with OP on this one. All the way!

Con Air. 

Dreville79 - 

The only bona fide masterpiece I’ve seen in the past 15 years is There Will Be Blood 

Great movie, but I thought Paul Dano as the preacher was a miscast.  Then having Dano play his own brother was a really bad move and confusing to the audience.

Inception. I love that movie.

Judging from the replies so far the last 15 years have really sucked for movies. 

Fury. 

KDK1CallingKDK12 -

Judging from the replies so far the last 15 years have really sucked for movies. 

That’s the main reason I made this thread. Wanted some ideas for movies to watch. I agree. 

Dallas Buyers Club & Argo are the best I’ve seen the last few years, and I don’t consider either masterpieces.. The quality has been quite low on the whole this decade. 

One more I thought of I’d personally consider a masterpiece is the original Martyrs 

OJTT-RayRaysFunhouse - 

Fury. 

Wait until you see it...

Dark Knight
Inception
Return of the King (which came out in Dec 03, just making the 15 year limit).
Departed
Prestige

JKDude - Inception. I love that movie.

This

City of god, a Brazilian film about the stuggle of getting out of the fevalas and overcoming the violence. 

Requiem for a dream

Wrong spelling but syndeose new york, starring phillip Seymour hoffman

Gangs of new york, maybe not last 15yrs

Amore is probably the saddest movie ive ever seen and its the reality that most of us will face.