Best Nootropic (Brain enhancer) on the market?

Hey guys, lately I've been looking into Nootropics (brain enhancer) and I've found a lot of mixed results....

Can anyone tell me if they have first hand experience taking any? and did it help with memory and focus?

I always heard Joe Rogan talk about the company Onnit and I was very close to trying it a few years back until I learned he was part-owner which made me skeptical... but I've read some reviews saying his "Alpha Brain" is legit?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated folks! Any company or product I'm willing to look into!

Starbucks

In.... for answers as well :-)

gingko biloba helps with memory.  would swear by the stuff.  if taken daily, old memories pop into your head.  not always a good thing.  tea seems to be most effective.

phosphatidylserine helps the brain function. 

most of these brain enhancers are over priced, and they just throw a bunch of ingredients together and charge more. 

dmae with gingko is pretty good.

choline bitartrate boosts brain function as well. 

most of these need to be taken for a few weeks before seeing if they work or not.

BZtown10 -

Snake oil. 

Other than adderall, this is correct.

I'd like to know as well.  Is Joe Rogans stuff legit?

Bulletproof coffee I found cheaper and better. 2 tbsp grass fed butter, 1 tbsp brain octane oil, kimura coffee is good to use with also, its enhanced with nootropics.

They sell them right next to the miracle weight loss, and big dick pills.

I've tried Alpha Brain.  What's interesting to me is the overly lucid dreams I have after using it, where I surprise myself by referencing data that has long been tucked away in my memories.  It's not just pulling that info out, but also recalling exactly when I absorbed it in the first place. 

I mean, it's either the Alpha Brain doing its thing, or the fact that I just watched the move Limitless that night.  I can't be sure, either way.

mihow -
CavemanDave - They sell them right next to the miracle weight loss, and big dick pills.

6 grams of citruline malate makes my dick thicker

Tell me more about this citruline malate. I'm seeing it marketed as improving energy too. 

No, no, no! None of it works. But the one thing that truly works is the placebo effect. 

DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

No, no, no! None of it works. But the one thing that truly works is the placebo effect. 

That’s the thing, we can call it placebo, I thought it worked. I had to take 3-4 a day, but it worked better than any other supplement/nootropic I’ve tried. It sucks because my insurance gives me 250$ to use at gnc/vitamin world. I wish I could at least use it at Onnit for the placebo. 

Adderall

tinytuffnutz -

That’s the thing, we can call it placebo, I thought it worked. I had to take 3-4 a day, but it worked better than any other supplement/nootropic I’ve tried. It sucks because my insurance gives me 250$ to use at gnc/vitamin world. I wish I could at least use it at Onnit for the placebo. 

If you tell yourself you got an amazing nights sleep and you believe some chick is really into you, then you maximize the natural placebo effect. Whether it's true or not. 

But a lot of vitamin stores sell the onnit supplements if you really need to purchase a bottle of placebo.

there is always a give and take for everything you take. For example, If you take a zinc supplement, your body loses efficiency to absorb iron. So even if the nootropics worked something is going to be thrown off balance. 

Exercise would be the best supplement.

BZtown10 -

Snake oil. 

Interesting.

Does it matter what kind of snake it is? And how do you get the oil out of it?

I read Modafil(?) but I think it’s just another form of Addy

tinytuffnutz -

If you tell yourself you got an amazing nights sleep and you believe some chick is really into you, then you maximize the natural placebo effect. Whether it's true or not. 

But a lot of vitamin stores sell the onnit supplements if you really need to purchase a bottle of placebo.

there is always a give and take for everything you take. For example, If you take a zinc supplement, your body loses efficiency to absorb iron. So even if the nootropics worked something is going to be thrown off balance. 

Thanks man. I’m on this thread for this very reason. To find a cheaper, better alternative. As poster above said, working out is the best option. I’m just looking for a little additive boost in focus. 

Mywife was vomittingcaiseshedu -

Exercise would be the best supplement.

Yes. A lot of people should try getting in shape amd becoming basically healthy before experimenting with any of this bullshit. I also hear that Vitamin A is good for making you maximum smartzor and it also might help to actually intellectually stimulate yourself, and not listen to 20 hours a week of mindless chatter podcasts.

Modafinil I tried, its called modalert 200. Did it for like two weeks. There was tunnel vision but nothing more then that. Not sure if I need to take it at least a month to see consistent results. People swore by this stuff so Idk where I went wrong.