Best NWA/WCW events?

I remember one that The Road Warriors main evented.  They also used to put on some really good shows on TBS a few times a year.

I went to World War 3 in 1999, kind of sucked.

Starrcade 89.  Two round robin tournaments.  Singles (Sting, Flair, Muta, and Luger) and tag teams (LOD, Steiners, Doom, and Samoans)

Ric Flair v. Vader in 93' Starrcade

Any of the Steamboat/Flair matches

Any of the Steamboat/Rude matches Phone Post

which one was it that was the really great Great (no pun intended) American Bash? 1990?

fryabusa -  Starrcade 89.  Two round robin tournaments.  Singles (Sting, Flair, Muta, and Luger) and tag teams (LOD, Steiners, Doom, and Samoans)

That was an awesome card,when I got my first VCR that one of the tapes I had.might try and find it on the web Phone Post

Halloween havoc 1997 Phone Post

RKing85 - which one was it that was the really great Great (no pun intended) American Bash? 1990?

Chitown Rumble 89'

Clash of the Champions 89'

Wrestlewar 89' 

Those three are considered the "Wrestling triology" and wrestlers debate all the time on which was the best. 

fryabusa -  Starrcade 89.  Two round robin tournaments.  Singles (Sting, Flair, Muta, and Luger) and tag teams (LOD, Steiners, Doom, and Samoans)

That had some great match ups for sure. It would've been better if Sid hadn't gotten hurt and the Sky Scrappers were in the tag part.

Great American Bash '89 was a favorite of mine too because of Sting vs. muta

Go back several years and the Jim Crockett Memorial Cup tag matches were classic with tag teams from about every major organization.

All of the above. Starrcade 89 was awesome. I have that tape somewhere, and it was too bad because of the Skyscrapers. Didn't Sid get replaced with Mark Callous on that team eventually? Really hard to find that one cheap.

Anything with Ric and Ricky.

Also they tried some cool off the wall stuff back then gave it such a sense of realism (well, as much as pro-wrestling will allow). The other tag tournament where they had all kinds of teams from all over the world. The Pat O'Conner memorial, maybe?

GAB 96 was awesome

Starcade 91. Battlebowl. Was there live. Don't know how it looked on tv, but it was fucking awesome to see as an 8 year old. Phone Post

Beezulbubba - All of the above. Starrcade 89 was awesome. I have that tape somewhere, and it was too bad because of the Skyscrapers. Didn't Sid get replaced with Mark Callous on that team eventually? Really hard to find that one cheap.

Anything with Ric and Ricky.

Also they tried some cool off the wall stuff back then gave it such a sense of realism (well, as much as pro-wrestling will allow). The other tag tournament where they had all kinds of teams from all over the world. The Pat O'Conner memorial, maybe?

Sid was replaced by Mark Calloway and him and Spievy had a short run as the Sky Scrappers.

My favorite was probably Starrcade '86: Night of the Skywalkers,  mostly for nostalgic reasons because I was there live. For old school NWA fans, the card had everything. It was also full of gimmick matches lol.

Wahoo McDaniel vs Rick Rude: Indian strap match

Jimmy Valiant vs Paul Jones: Hair vs Hair

Tully Blanchard vs Dusty Rhodes: First Blood match for the TV Title

Rock n Roll Express vs Ole and Arn Anderson Steel Cage match for the Tag Titles

The Russians Vs The Kansas Jayhawks :No DQ

Big Bubba Rogers vs Ronnie Garvin: Street fight

The Road Warriors vs Midnight Express in a scaffold match 

Ric Flair vs Nikita Koloff for NWA Heavyweight Title

My only disapointment was the non-finish (double DQ) in the main event.  Magnum T.A was supposed to face Flair, but has his car accident and Nikita was put in the match last minute. 

Starrcade '89 was really good too, but that point system for the Iron Man Tournament was hot garbage, lol.  

Some really good matches came out of it though.

Crockett Cup '87 was pretty awesome too. 

Some other favs:

GAB '89

Bash at the Beach '96

Wrestlewar '92 which had in my opinion one of the best WarGames matches ever with Sting's Squadron vs the Dangerous Alliance.

Oh and can't forget Great American Bash '86.  Back then GAB was a touring event, I think they had like 12 in a year.  That Ric Flair vs Ricky Morton match is one of my favorite NWA matches.